TEST6

Behind the scenes of Julian2 videos and one of the #1 places AJ wiki gets its pictures from

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Problems with AJ's Chat System

Since some people actually enjoyed hearing my thoughts on Rare Mondays, maybe at least someone will want to hear my thoughts on AJ's chat system. Even if no one cares, I'm going to post this anyway :)
Warning: Incoming wall of text!

I don't really know where to begin with this one...

I'll start with the censorship
In the past, if you accidentally (or I guess purposely) said something bad, your chat bubble would turn into the message "Uh-oh! Remember the Animal Jam rules."
Now, you get a popup thing that gives you a paragraph on online safety. I have no problem with that though. The problem is that it takes forever for that message to go away! And if you are a nonmember, you can't look at the chat log anymore (which I'll talk about later on) so you're probably going to miss something your friends said
And most of the time you didn't even say anything bad!
One time I was doing The Great Escape adventure, and at the end I said "They finally found a use for Sky High" (referring to the part where you have to play Wind Rider at the end, I thought it was called Sky High) only to get a warning about online safety... Wait, what? At least tell me what I said that was bad! And at least with the "uh-oh" message you could still see the whole screen and could easily get rid of the message by typing something else

Now, about nonmembers and the limits of the chat system

Nonmembers used to have a lot more freedom in this game. They could change the color of items, send gifts, receive gifts, and probably more features that I'm forgetting. I can why they made those members only features. But taking away the chat log from nonmembers? What's that about?
The simple answer is greed. They basically find features that are perfectly fine and make them members only, hoping to make a quick buck. Yeah...
Also, they took away free chat from nonmembers. If you already had free chat before this change, you can still use it. But any new account, even if your parent account is "certified", you can't get free chat unless you pay them money

The last thing I'm going to talk about in this topic is when you type something out, only to find that your message didn't even show up to other players. I'm sure all of us have had this problem before. You don't even get a warning message or any indication that your message had something bad in it. It just simply doesn't show up to other people. Why? And it's not just yours or their internet connection acting up, it's the message itself that won't show up. And as I said before, at least tell us what part of our message was wrong!

I'm really bad at explaining stuff so if you don't understand anything I just said, it's probably normal


27 comments:

  1. And I'm going to try the "new items on the sidebar" thing for a few days and see how it works out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You updated the blog. It looks a lot nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a picture of the Raspberry Furry Hat if you want it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a picture but it's not a very good picture, so it would be great if you could show me it

      Delete
  4. If you're not satistified with the game and if you don't like it, then why are you playing? If it's that bad that you have to post your opinion how you don't like the game, then just stop playing... simple as that. -.-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, he's the attitude comments I've been waiting for!
      If you don't like my blog then leave, simple as that (and admit it, AJ has a terrible chat system lol)

      Delete
    2. Learn your lesson, never say anything constructive. It's bad.

      Delete
    3. Actually I welcome constructive criticism, but this was just a guy purposely being rude

      Delete
    4. @KuruKuruTako I like your blog, I always liked it, even since 2012. I didn't say I don't like your blog, it's just this post that confuses me. I admit it, AJ has terrible chat system, I completely agree with you. Taking away free chat from nonmembers and the chat log, is RIDICULOUS. There is no logical reason for that, only greed like you said. But, I wasn't trying to be rude, and I'm sorry if I offended you. By the way, I'm a girl. I was just asking question, can't I ask? Well seriously, if it's that bad that you write a post about it, you can always quit. No one makes you play this game (or does, idk).

      Delete
    5. I'm forced to play this against my will, so don't say I can quit

      Also this is just a rant, if you don't like rants you don't have to read it, dear Anon

      Delete
    6. I can not tell your future but i know it :3

      Delete
  5. Here is the furry hat image: http://ajnutshell.blogspot.com/

    Hopefully that can work out okay for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (It's not letting me reply...)

    I was joking about how Anonymous was upset about you writing constructive criticism towards AJHQ. XP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never even said I hated AJ, yet dear Anon thinks I do
      (and I forgot to spell rude as r00d)

      Delete
  7. umm. how do i put this OH i know! use your head for more than a hat rack! lol but seriosly dude ajhq has to make money somehow plus they get new employees they have to pat dayliy so umm ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please learn how to spell before posting :)

      Delete
    2. dude im in the 3rd grade!

      Delete
  8. Happy Christmas! Also the reason why they don't let non members do things like members and let the members get more items, furniture, and animals, is because they NEED money to save wildlife animals. They reward the members for doing so. Soooo... when they removed Free Chat and the chat log from non members they were trying to get them to pay for endangered animals as. Lol I am worse than explaining stuff than you KuruKuruTakos :)

    ReplyDelete

Be prepared for sassy and sarcastic replies : )
If you're posting a link, please don't use link shorteners