TEST6

Behind the scenes of Julian2 videos and one of the #1 places AJ wiki gets its pictures from

Sunday, November 30, 2014

AJ's Past: The Pillow Scam

I don't really now what to call this type of post so I'll stick with the boring name of AJ's Past

I'll be talking about stuff that happened in AJ's past (which is why I called this AJ's Past if you couldn't tell)
I was going to call it Throwback Thursday but that name is already taken I think, plus it's Sunday and not Thursday

"The pillow scam" was a huge scamming trick that was used by several r00d thieves back when the trading system first came out. Here's a little fact about the trading system when it was first introduced - there originally was no "Are you sure you want to accept this trade?" message, meaning once you clicked the accept button, the trade would immediately be accepted (another little fact is that Aj used to called declining trades "rejecting trades")

People knew how to take advantage of this by making people click a pillow over and over. How does a pillow get you scammed, you are probably not asking yourself? Well, that pillow was conveniently placed right where the accept trade button was!

People would commonly say things like the wolf on the right is saying. Most of the time they'd tell you to put your rarest items on trade before clicking the pillow

You can probably guess what happens next... Let's say I had my super rare tie on trade and star rapidly clicking the pillow, expecting to get some sort of prize


While I am clicking the divine pillow, little wolfy girl over there (that totally isn't one of my storages lol) send me a trade request much like this one:

(pretend like ties are super rare pls)
I get sent this trade quest, a cheap 45 gem necklace for my ULTRA SUPER OMEGA RARE tie, and because I was clicking the pillow rapidly, and because the place I was clicking is in the same place as the accept trade button, it would automatically be accepted and would have lost my super omega beautiful girly tie!

There were always people advertising their dens with the "GO TO MY DEN TO GET A PRIZE LOL" messages, and their dens would always be full of possible scam victims. It was quite horrible to watch, actually...

Then people tried to use Fruit Bowls to make it seem more innocent, but it was still the same thing

I remember I used to stand in front of the pillow in peoples' dens so the scammers couldn't click on the poor Jammers to scam them. I think I actually saved a lot of people that way : )

After a few weeks of AJHQ ignoring the problem, they finally added this:

That message managed to stop the pillow scam for good!

It's always been so easy to scam people in this game, so be careful when trading. If it sounds too good to be true (like clicking a pillow, which is basically doing nothing, for a "prize") then it probably is

33 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember that! ^.^ I'd totally forgotten about it...
    Some people used to continue trying to do it afterwards, when AJ HQ had added the 'are you sure' message, putting two pillows and saying "click each one in turn, quickly"...so they clicked 'ok' twice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The :I is the reason I can't take this comment seriously

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. how dare you be such a bully! you know, I can get by dog's friend's cat's butler's earwigs to ban you from aj! down at this rate, there will be no peace on earth because of people like you!!!! all my families and my friend's cat's families are going DOWN THE DRAIN thanks to people just like you!!! we are struggling to provide the ramen that strengthens our immune system to live on the cat's back! i am going to ban you!!!!!!

      Delete
    4. So you censored your word EVEN MORE?

      Delete
    5. Don't worry Large, my dad's cousin's brother's son's cat's fleas work for AJ too and they can ban everyone!!134290!!!j

      Delete
    6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    7. Seriously, if you want to be a decent hater, at least uncensor your words lol

      Delete
    8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    10. Oh you decided to finally unsensor your words. I'm glad I was able to teach you how to be a real hater

      Delete
    11. i hope the earwigs ban u!!11!! @anonymous ^^

      Delete
    12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    13. I bet the fleas will get them first

      Delete
    14. Oh anon, you need to learn not to use the same insults twice

      This is also getting slightly boring. It was fun replying at first but it's dying down now : (

      Delete
    15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    16. You really need more hater training, I'm sorry dearie... If you are going to repeat yourself, I should too

      Oh anon, you need to learn not to use the same insults twice

      This is also getting slightly boring. It was fun replying at first but it's dying down now : (

      Delete
    17. It looks like you realized how repetitive you were! Now you just need to learn the different between your and you're. You're on your way to becoming a 3 star hater, but you need more training :)

      Delete
    18. Oh gosh. Not again! I thought he/she left for good!

      The Name/URL comment name thing is not me, guys. (Ha, they failed to even link my own blog!). I've got an Anonymous hater or two, on my blog a few weeks ago (as well as some of my other friends' blogs). So then one of them decided to try to impersonate me (which I think is failing). It also happened on AJSWSG (I think that's it), as well.

      So in other words, don't believe any comments that say "Cutepups522" where I'm not signed into my Google account. They're just trying to give me a bad reputation.

      Delete
    19. Ah, good to know. They aren't even a 2 start quality hater. I had some decent fun replying to them, then it got kinda boring

      Delete
    20. Heh...just out of interest, roughly what did they say? o.o

      Delete
    21. Unladylike stuff that I will not say unless there is some way to send you a personal message

      Delete
  3. idoit my sisters grandmas friends dads cats butlers dogs fleas dads cats dogs cousins uncle works for ajhq can can ban everyone in the comments i hate tou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that a threat? The fleas are also 1337 hackers
      Take what you want from that

      Delete
    2. So much bad grammar..

      (Anonymous comment ^^)

      Delete
  4. Melo i had no idea that you lived in loser ville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be quiet. You don't have to say that in public. You could have just kept it to yourself.

      ~Pikapika29794

      Delete
    2. My blogger profile says my location is "Loserville"

      Delete
    3. Mayor of LoservilleJune 8, 2015 at 9:31 AM

      Hello Mel! Your Loserville taxes are due!

      Delete

Be prepared for sassy and sarcastic replies : )
If you're posting a link, please don't use link shorteners