TEST6

Behind the scenes of Julian2 videos and one of the #1 places AJ wiki gets its pictures from

Saturday, January 31, 2015

More 71 Info

Almost 4 years ago, I posted about a weird glitch I found when trading. The gave me for glitched items. This was in 2011 before we had items like glitched yeti faces that are just the same item but slightly different shades. The items I got were far more glitchy and even messed up my Jam a Grams for a while

For all I know I'm the only one with pictures of the item called 71, and someone already tried to steal them and claim them as their own because they were lame like that :(
There were other people that owned this item (like my old friend GreenFun) but like I said I don't think anyone else took pictures of them

I'm making this post because some people are fascinated by glitches and content that never got released. Back then I didn't put up all the info I knew about the item because I didn't think anyone would actually care, but in 2014 and 2015 it looks like at least some people do

These pictures are taken from my post that I made almost 4 years ago   I'm going to be difficult and not give you the link to it so good luck finding it
You can find that post >>HERE<< but this post is going to be way more informative than that one so there may or may not be a reason to go to that post (I don't know maybe you want to see how different my writing style was back then ((hint: it was much better back then)) or you want to see the ancient comments or something)

So, I'm sure there's someone asking by now what a "71" is

71 is one of the four glitched items I had, but is the most famous one. It looks like this:

When moused over, it said 71

...which is why I call is 71

Notice how it's raspberry. I've mentioned in a lot of post by now that raspberry is the "color of glitches" but I finally have a better explanation for what that means. Raspberry is what AJHQ uses for items that have no texture or are missing their texture. If you still don't know what that means, sorry sorry

Before I get to what the item actually is (which you might already know by now) I need to mention how I got this item. A long time ago in August of 2011, there was a glitch that happened when to some people when trading. It happened to me while trading with a storage account, but I'm not sure if at the time the glitch worked with any trade or if it was just because AJ had a hard time loading two accounts playing on the same computer at the same time. The glitch also gave me 3 other items

The carpet item was called 129 and the two invisible ones were called 0 (that's the number, not the letter)

I don't remember much about those three items, but I do know that sometimes one of the 0s would turn into a nonmember version of a Princess Chest, but invisible when placed

I believe the other 0 was also invisible when places
According to my old post, the first item (the blue rug) was one of the items that I actually traded to my storage, but its name got changed to 129

I don't know if I ever tested placing the rug, so I don't know if that was invisible too or if it was just a normal rug when place

I'm not completely sure, but I think the names 129 and 71 came from my two gem amounts (my main account's and my storage's)

Oh right, this post was supposed to be about 71, not those other items. Oops...

When I first got 71, I had no idea what it was. It looked like a weird beanbag chair or another rug to me. But it turns out it was a clothing item! I looked for it in my den inventory and it wasn't there, so I checked my clothing inventory and there it was
The item wasn't in any of four the normal categories (Head, Back, Legs, and Neck, there was no Tail category)
I put it on, and to my surprise it was an EYE item!

I could still wear an item of each category, so it was actually in its own category! Back then my theory was that they were either going to add make-up for your animals, or that there was going to be a new category called Face 
The example I used was that Bat Glasses would be Face items and Arctic Hoots would still be Head items so you could wear both at the same time. Now that I know more about techy stuff, my theory is that 71 (and possibly the other items) were dummy items, which means they are/were items that AJHQ used for testing bugs, or it was just a placeholder item. The other theory I have is hard to explain, but I'll try my best. It's possible that eyes and maybe patterns are considered to be clothing by the game's code, but they just don't appear in your inventory normally. The fact that the item was raspberry supports the theory that it's a dummy item since it's missing its texture, and if it was a dummy item they probably wouldn't have bothered to give it a texture. Then again, some Furry Hats are raspberry and those aren't dummy items, so... maybe it was just a glitch that it was missing a texture?

While the item was cool, it was also sort of dangerous. The trade that got me the item actually replaced the items I was trading, so I lost all of them for good
If you tried to send it to another player, it would practically ruin their Jam a Gram inbox. At first, the other person doesn't even get the Jam a Gram that has the gift attached. Later on (after a day or so?) it would say they have a new Jam a Gram. If they checked their inbox, it would fail to load, and any Jam a Grams people sent them after that would not show up for them. It stayed like that for months until AJHQ fixed it. Imagine sending one to one of those people who beg for free items for "mail time"

The item could be sold for 0 gems

Even after selling selling it, I still had it! It just kept coming back

All four items got removed from my inventory shortly after, and the trading glitch was also fixed shortly after

If you have any questions about 71 or the other items, feel free to ask! There may be something I forgot to mention

57 comments:

  1. I accidently deleted Pokemon Zeta Part 1 but I am reuploading it, and I will be catching the cute ones! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drapion is adorable, you should use that!

      I still have that gift for you by the way

      Delete
    2. Oh ok, I will go on AJ now if your on I guess? :P Also Part 4 HAS AUDIO NOW :D

      Delete
    3. Ok, I will try and find a Drapion! :D

      Delete
  2. why did items have numbers instead of the name

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the reason is that since these items are glitched items, they have no real name so the game just gave then names that are just random numbers

      Delete
  3. I discovered 2 weird things
    1. If you wear a rare pink purse on a fox then the straps come out pink
    2. If you put a black and white turquoise necklace on an otter then the middle jewel will appear all white
    -littlesweetcupcake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something like that that i discovered is if you wear a robot mask on a deer, the bottom part will be grey on your animal picture

      Delete
    2. Can I see it on your deer (if you have one lol)

      Delete
    3. I'll post it in the comments later when I get on AJ

      Delete
    4. I also discovered that if you put rare wings on an arctic wolf then your arctic wolf vanishes until you take hen off again.

      Delete
    5. [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Y-Q0FSFqE0w/VM1GuYvgoUI/AAAAAAAAO_w/8ikxskHpVdQ/s1600/bottom%2Bline.png[/img]
      Does that show up?

      Delete
    6. Yes
      I wonder how many clothing mysteries AJHQ has put in there
      Thanks for the photo

      Delete
  4. When I was looking on some blog I think, I found a picture of one of the questions from the call of the wild poll and one of them was "Besides the computer, what's your favorite way to play games?" And the answers were:

    Nintendo DS/3DS
    iPhone/IPod touch
    Android tablet
    iPad
    Kindle

    So maybe that's why they made the new app for Android tablets only!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was that the old AJHQ poll that Mel posted about in a really early post? I've heard of it

      Delete
    2. I vaguely remember that poll but it could just be because I'm half asleep and don't know what I'm saying

      Delete
  5. When are you going to make a new post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im gonna look around jamaa and look for something to post about
      I will be your local reporter :3

      Delete
    2. wow I sent you that jam a gram

      Delete
    3. I had something in mind involving maps and the new adventure that will hopefully be helpful to people

      Delete
    4. ok
      Perhaps you could tell people how to get different rare clothing in the last member box because I keep getting rare friendship bracelets in there

      Delete
    5. Terrace chair is leaving tomorrow and the terrace table is leaving on Tuesday

      Delete
    6. Also have you noticed that the crocodile wearing the gem encrusted armour in the diamond shop is now replaced with a fox wearing the friendship armour

      Delete
    7. I noticed that too I just forgot to mention it

      Delete
    8. ok
      time to look for more things

      Delete
    9. there was a bunch of ppl in jamaa township arguing because
      'AMERICA IS BETTER'
      'NO CANADA IS BETTER'
      'AUSTRALIA IS BETTER'
      :L

      Delete
    10. check out Ramu's Jamaa Township :T

      Delete
    11. I'll go there but there are more than one version of each server now so I probably won't get into the one you are talking about

      Delete
    12. Yeah the one I got into had nothing interesting going on, just people talking about spiked collars

      Delete
    13. yep. I once went into the server Aldan and there were only 3 ppl there (including myself) and I said 'Hey wait... this is NOT Aldan'
      then a deer said
      'It's the other Aldan'
      I wonder why AJHQ can't just bother about adding new servers
      You don't have to go to Ramu now, the heat's died down (I think)

      Delete
    14. I remember when there were no "other versions" of servers. Back then you could for example host a party in Draa's Mt. Shiveer and everyone would be able to get there fine, but now if you want to do that more than half the people will end up in different versions of Draa. It's also annoying when I want to get my storage in the same server as I'm in. I can't add them to my list because my list is full so the only way is to get them in the same server as me and it never works. Also you used to be able to search for people that aren't in the same server as you and it will still tell you if they are online. Now it will say anyone who isn't in the same server is offline

      Delete
    15. It's happening in Ramu again. This time people are saying 'GO PATAROITS' and 'GO SEAHAWKS' which I don't understand because I am not american

      Delete
    16. Unless that person is your buddy
      When I sent you that JAG earlier saying that I love this blog, I didn't think you were online.
      Do you think AJHQ should let you write WAYYYYY more words in Jam-A-Grams?

      Delete
    17. Yep
      It's kinda annoying that way

      Delete
    18. Jam a Gram messaging is way more needlessly strict than restricted chat is! There should definitely be more words in Jam a Grams, like the word sorry for example. Why can't you say sorry?

      Delete
    19. I dunno. When someone tried to say 'sorry' to me in a JAG, he had to say 'so we' and I was like 'What...'
      Apparently AJHQ are still releasing rare Mondays that are different colours to in-store versions
      Have you noticed that the non member 45 gem necklace is raspberry-ish?
      I noticed yesterday that bad items in stores will be rarer than anything when they go out of stores because less people would have brought them.

      Delete
    20. Some people say "sort" or "sort eye" instead of sorry and I can understand why no one would know what that means
      I noticed that the rare today spells it like Antenna but the non rare one spells it Antennae. I don't know perfect english so either spelling might be correct, I just find it odd that the two items that are basically the same have different spellings
      That's what happened in 2010, only a few people bought some of the items like orange beard and horn helmets because most people thought they were ugly and both of those items became some of the rarest items in the game (before they came back lol)
      It also happened with halloween masks in 2010. There weren't a lot of members back then so that also explains why there were so few of them around, but the ugly the mask, the rarer it got

      Delete
  6. I'm kinda confused.. are you saying that ajhq was able to take 71's away from jammers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish i could get a 71

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to have a 71... A day later it was gone.. it showed up randomly on my screen, along with some other items, like a raccoon hat. A green raccoon hat. btw im a beta player

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think 71 existed at the same time as raccoon hats

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Well the raccoon hat looked different like a test item of that. Plus I got it when I traded something. BTW I think 71 was a test item of Spooky Eyes.

      Delete
    2. In 2013, meh buddy said she had it but she didn't

      Delete
  10. I miss beta days....
    - Pandybewwr, ex-member, ( I got hacked in 2014.) I still play aj. I joined in July 2012.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you joined in 2012, how do you miss the beta days?

      Delete
    2. well animal jam was made when i first started and that was in 2010 but the beta days ended in 2011 so i am really sorry but you missed it. :'(

      Delete
  11. I WiSh I HaD A BloG
    - Pandybewwr

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw the eyes in the eye selection when I went to my inventory. My eyes were once beady eyes now they're open-wide eyes. The item 71 was now on but all it came up was beady eyes. How?

    ReplyDelete

Be prepared for sassy and sarcastic replies : )
If you're posting a link, please don't use link shorteners