TEST6

Behind the scenes of Julian2 videos and one of the #1 places AJ wiki gets its pictures from

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

AJ History - Pets (Part 1)

I haven't done one of these kinds of posts in a while so I think it's about time I made another one
This time it will be about the history of pets! The info in this post is mainly on pets when they first came out. Making the ideal pet back then was... let's just use the word "horror"

Pets first revealed in June 9th 2011's Jamaa Journal (it was also the update that added rhinos) as silhouettes

No one knew what pets were going to do. A lot of people were disappointing when pets came out because they did nothing and were all members only

Pets got released on the update of June 23 2011


Click on the above newspaper pages to make them actually readable
Page 2 has pictures of the Pet Finder and some weird symbols. That was the torture part...

To make a pet, you'd have to click on the pet icons that they still use today, but instead of getting a screen that lets you choose the colours and patterns for your pet, you'd get this monstrosity

You'd have to choose 4 symbols and click "Find my pet" when you choose the 4 symbols you liked. That doesn't seem so bad, right? Keep in mind that there was no way to tell what your pet was going to look like
You just had to pick 4 symbols and hoped the pet you got wasn't terribly ugly
 If I remember correctly, after you clicked that button you'd get charged the 400 gems (and gems were harder to get back then so 400 gems was semi-expensive) and get a pet that you probably didn't want! If you wanted a specific colour of pet, you'd have to try over and over (spending 400 gems each time) until you got the pet you wanted. But it wasn't even that easy....

There was another element to buying a pet - rare features. After you bought the pet that you didn't want, a button would show up that said "Press me!"
I didn't take a picture of that unfortunately, but there's half of the button visible in one of those newspaper pages I just posted

What are rare features? They were those clothing items that you can now buy for your pet. Back then though, you couldn't buy your pets any clothing or anything. If you wanted a clothing item or your pet, you'd just have to get lucky with the rare features button. So, let's say I wanted a black and red frog with a top hat. First I'd have to spend a fortune trying to find the right symbol combination, then I'd have to keep buying more frogs with that combination until I got one with a top hat. In other words, getting the exact pet you wanted would end up costing you about 7000 gems
There was no way to remove pet clothing either. If you got a witch hat on your cat that you didn't want, too bad, that witch hat is determinately glued to your cat's head. Your only options were to release it and buy a new cat or to live with it

For anyone wondering, here's a full list of the symbols you could use
Moon
Lighting Bolt
Heart
Flower
Fire
Crystal Diamond
Mushroom
Snowflake
Sun
Star
Rainbow
Raindrop
Phantom
Peace Symbol
Paw Print

I think I have pictures of most of them but I don't know where they are

I got lucky with my first pet, Mirrorsky the kitty
Her combination was 4 snowflakes

I got a collar for her with the rare features button. I didn't know how rare it was to actually get a pet item, I thought you were guaranteed to get something for your pet. It turns out it was pretty rare

Somewhere down the line they added the Pet Stop in the Pet Shop that let you add/remove items from your pets. I don't know the exact date that was added

On November 3 2011, they finally changed that horrible pet creation system

Everyone was so glad they decided to change it... or at least I was

If you did happen to get a pet with rare features before the Pet Stop got added, you'd get this achievement

What's so special about this achievement is that it's not available anymore! It's one of the 2 achievements that's now "rare"

There's still a lot of info I want to put out but this post is already really long so sometime in the future I'll make a part 2 and possibly a part 3

Note: I don't actually know if it actuality charged you 400 gems every time you tried a different combination

29 comments:

  1. Aaaand I forgot to buy yesterday's rare
    not sure why I'm saying this here no one really cares lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't get some parties - the music in some don't match the theme. For example, the Play Wild party has a winter song? Really strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Friendship Party has Jam Mart music

      Delete
    2. i know!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Hmm... I went to the Play Wild party, but was re-located to a different language server? Errrrrm....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One time when I joined Special Delivery it put me in a Brazilian server

      Delete
    2. XD yeah. AJ is constantly tranferring me to Portuguese servers...

      Delete
  4. [img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/a/a3/648Meloetta.png/250px-648Meloetta.png[/img] A wild May appeared. The opposing May used Relic Song. [img]http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/meloetta-pirouette.jpg[/img]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it. It's like- your writing your pets Genetic Code.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like- the different symbols are the bases (rungs) of the Doulbe Helix. To those who aren't sciency- deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's the other rare achivment?


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called "Answer The Call!" and was for answering polls

      Delete
  8. I think I have that achievement because my seahorse (rare features were still around when oceans were released) wears a knight helmet upon her head. I'm sure it was a rare feature, so I'll check my achievements when I log on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the achievement on WitchHatBunny

      Delete
    2. Do you have Answer The Call? It has a pink circle with bars on it

      Delete
  9. XD When I first looked at this post,(for a few seconds- lawl) I thought it was a new Jamaa Journal update. I was so confused lol. But then I realized that today's Tuesday- not Thursday, and AJHQ doesn't make cool updates like that. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The newspapers now just repeat news which defeats the purpose of NEWspapers

      Delete
  10. I am using www.nyanit.com NYAN KITTIES ALL OVER DAH PAGEZZZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I'm using that site too! O_O its so weird XD

      Delete
  11. HI SO SRRY IF I AM SPLLING WRONG THESE NYANS R INSANE AND ALL OVAH DAH PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO UMM YA I GOTTA X OUT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. STHAP DAH MADNEZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NYAN CATZZZZ INVDEDA

    ReplyDelete
  13. WildWorks have released their new website! Looks pretty amazing, Mel! Their new logo is cute. :3 wildworks.com

    Look! It's AJHQ! http://wildworks.com/#about/studios

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like they are working hard in those pictures
      That means they are fake lol

      Delete
    2. Lol, I do like their HQ! I think I can see a designer working on something for Play Wild. Never knew AJHQ had an HQ in Amsterdam...

      Delete
  14. I am not surprised about their early pet system, AJHQ is always coming up with "crazy new ideas!" they say... They literally are crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Be prepared for sassy and sarcastic replies : )
If you're posting a link, please don't use link shorteners