TEST6

Behind the scenes of Julian2 videos and one of the #1 places AJ wiki gets its pictures from

Friday, April 3, 2015

AJ History - Leap Year Party

One of the most forgotten and amazing parties, the Leap Year Party. It was only around for a few days in February of 2012. The reason for that is this party is only there for leap years, which basically means there's a 29th day in February so the world doesn't explode or something like that. It only happens every 4 years. The next time this party is due is late February of 2016

I'll be using my old pictures of this party that I took 3 years ago If you actively read my older posts (why would anyone even do that?) you might notice how really bad some of them are. Take >>this one<< for example. There's only 13 words and a small picture in the entire post. That wasn't the only post I made that day, but the other post wasn't much different. No wonder this site went downhill in 2012... Not that this site is much bette- okay enough writing my own hate mail, I'll stop stalling and get to the point What I'm trying to do is warn you not to look at my old posts and that I think my leap year party post from 3 years ago needs to see some new light

AJ had a new Jamaa Journal and update on February 16 2012. One of of the pages there was a teaser for "something awesome" in honor of the leap year

The "something awesome" turned out to be the Leap Year Party! It was added to the parties menu
on the 27th even though the newspaper said implied it would come out on the 28th... or at least that's what the date of my old post said

It looked like this in the parties tab

If I remember correctly, this was the only party that was in the parties tab on those days. Too bad I didn't take a picture of that :(

This is what you saw when you first got into the party:

It took place in a different version of the treehouse den, like how the Jamaaliday Party takes place in a different version of the gingerbread house den
If you clicked on that green 29 circle, this would pop up:

They never actually said the party would come back in four years. They only said the next leap year would be in 2016, but they never mentioned the party... I bet the party will come back next year anyway though

This party had two shops - one for furniture and one for clothing
The first shop was the furniture shop on the first floor of the treehouse

If you can't tell, the shelves with the books and frogs is the shop
This is what they sold

These items were special in that they were different versions of existing items. All of their names were the same as the original item's name but with the word "Rare" in front of it
So for example, Rare Stone Chair
Remember, this is before they implemented Rare Mondays. They took the idea of "rare versions" of items for Rare Monday from this party. Basically, this party was the inspiration for Rare Mondays

The clothing shop shop was on the second floor

This shop had 2 pages of items, here's what was for sale

At the time this party was out, regular Shark Fins weren't available because adventures/Sky High prizes weren't a thing yet. I found it interesting how they made a rare version of Shark Fins before the "normal" ones got released because I'm a nerd
They did the same with Mech Angel Wings too

All of these items were really popular at the time. Rare versions were a new thing so it was a big deal

On the top floor there was a special claw

This claw only had lion plushies which at the time were new. This was the only place they were available in

There was also a giant slide from the top floor all the way to the ground

If you want to see my old post on this party, go here:
>>Post<<

But I warn you, I use the ;) emote in the post more than I should have and it's creepy
That post has a couple more pictures of the party

I thought the special thing about this party is that the items in it wouldn't be available for another 4 years, making them really rare. But that didn't happen lol
Lion plushies aren't special anymore and are in the normal claw machines, and I think all the other items are in The Forgotten Desert. I'm not 100% sure on that though. I do know for a fact that I've gotten the Rare Shark Fin from this party in some adventure, so I know that one isn't exclusive to this party anymore They also said monthly gifts would never come back, but was that true? NOPE!

If this party does come back next year, I wonder what they will change. It would be cool if the items that get sold next you would really be party exclusive and unavailable until 2020, but that's not something AJ would do. More realistically, they could make a den version of The Lion Claw that's only sold at the party

Well thanks for skipping to the end of this post without reading any of the words lol



32 comments:

  1. Lion plushieees I used to be that collector :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember tech66 had some rare lion plushie that only a few people managed to get or something like that

      Delete
  2. You sure do cross out a lot meloetta XD :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coo coo COOLIO! I've always wanted to go to the leap year party gotta wait till next years! If it comes back....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melly? Can u check out my blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one? It says you have 4

      Delete
    2. Animal Jam Legendary Palooza

      Delete
    3. YA AJLP is my main the others are my side blogs

      Delete
  5. Oh how I wish I had started in February of 2012, I didn't play Animal Jam until October. I remember how I started:

    Moshi Monsters was my thing. One day, my friend said that she was leaving Moshi Monsters to play Animal Jam. I had no idea what animal jam was, and I was like "What the flip is Animal Jam?! Animals can't possibly be better than monsters!" but I still wanted to try it. So my mom had made me an account, 5yoyo5. We had EXTREMELY slooooww internet back then, it would take approximately 10 minutes until I was able to pick a world and another 10 minutes for the game to load up. But it was worth it. Animal Jam was so fun!!!!!! Not a lot of people were scammers and hackers and all that crap which made it safer. One day though, I made a mistake. This one member arctic wolf girl told me that she could get me a membership if I gave her my bow and arrows AND my password. I agreed. But soon after, I kept asking her each day, I haven't got my membership yet! She would say that I would get it soon. I never did. I told my mom and she helped me reset my password. Yay. Ok that's enough of my story bye :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What was your name on Moshi Monsters? I told that exact thing to my friend..

      Delete
    2. Moshi Monsters? That is the most boring game in the history of the universe amen
      I joined from MM in September 2013

      Delete
    3. My name on Moshi Monsters was also 5yoyo5. I use that for everything x3

      Delete
  6. AnonymousFebruary 15, 2015 at 11:27 PM

    Animals AJHQ should add :p
    Camel
    Platypus
    Gecko
    Cheeseburger
    T-Rex
    Squirrel
    Alpaca
    Squid
    Breadstick
    Emu
    OMG they are adding Geckos!!!!1
    i guess they read ur blog after all!!! :>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emus would be an interesting choice for this game

      Delete
    2. And hippos and belugas, and manatees which I've requested to them over 10 times

      Delete
    3. ya they nu listen :c

      Delete
  7. *Siiiiigggggghhhh* :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi! i got a better picture of the pearly tiara for u :)
    i cant figure out how to post it..... can u tell me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Upload it to blogger or some site like imgur and post the link

      Delete
  9. Ok it won't let me reply so... @melly animal jam legendary palooza

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG NOW I CANT WAIT FOR 2016!!! I always wondered what the Leap Year party was like, and thanks to you, Meloetta, I feel like I was there myself!!! Thank you for doing a post on this party!!!! And, I hope there is one next year, just cuz it looks fun, not cuz of all the items! :) :D Have a great day Meloetta! Or night since thats what it is where I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun party from what I remember

      Some of my old friends that don't play AJ anymore/forgot about me are in these pictures so it brings back memories (wait why am I telling you this lol)

      Delete
  11. :) :D I'm so glad you wrote back! I give you The Honorable Blog Award for...
    BEST BETA, UNRELEASED, AND DELETED ITEMS BLOG!
    :throws confetti and blows party horn: Yay! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thanks I'm glad someone appreciates my "work"

      Delete
  12. :) :D I'm so glad you wrote back! I give you The Honorable Blog Award for...
    BEST BETA, UNRELEASED, AND DELETED ITEMS BLOG!
    :throws confetti and blows party horn: Yay! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. fangirls because this is the best party ever

    ReplyDelete
  14. If only the new party was like this one...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this year the fluffy fox head is going to be rare like fox hats don't you think! But I had more expectations than this.
    I am cuddy6342

    ReplyDelete
  16. :( WHY ANIMAL JAM??? I could make it to the 2012 one as i was on holiday (I joined late 2011). This party was not only unique and fun, but if was selling items that deserved to wait 4 years for! It was not even a large amount of items, but still something. New player of Animal Jam have heard about this party and looked forward to this years, but its such a downer. A big flop. A fail. I feel like AJ just got lazy this year and released items that were re-makes. I mean, the fluffy fox hat. Come on. On the 28th, I saw it on and suddenly realised "OMG OMG YAYAYAYAY". This of course, let me down. People are saying that the items may become rare in the next years to come, but the items, certainly not worth waiting 4 whole years too see. And AJ, you'll have to wait another 4 years now. What are you going to come up with? Hmm, how about we let them wait four years, we give them a banner and a hat. I know its a big game and all of that, but try to please us. No one is happy with 2016 leap year party. ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the next leap year in 2020 they'll probably just forgot about the and not release it

      Delete

Be prepared for sassy and sarcastic replies : )
If you're posting a link, please don't use link shorteners