TEST6

Behind the scenes of Julian2 videos and one of the #1 places AJ wiki gets its pictures from

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Item History - Tan Carpet

This might be the last Item History post I ever make. While I do enjoy making these types of posts, there aren't anymore items that have interesting pasts. I could do posts about the glitched Jamaaliday items but they'd be very short as they are newer items

Tan Carpet has the most interesting history in my opinion. At first it was nothing special. It was just another carpet you can have for your den. After beta is when Tan Carpet became a special and glitchy rare item. Unfortunately it lost its specialness as well as its rareness

Tan Carpet was first released in beta for 150 gems
(Picture from SagwaSunshine's video)

This is what it looked like when placed in your den

After beta ended, everyone's 3 floor beta dens got replaced with the small and basic nonmember dens we have today. There were no traces of the old beta dens to be seen :(

...At least that's what people thought
If you still had the Tan Carpet you bought in beta and tried to use it in your new basic den that nobody asked for, instead of covering up your floor the way it was supposed to... It would do this

Yes, it does look like a blob of weird fabric. But that strange shape does have an explanation - it is in the same shape as the beta den floors!
Take a look at this picture at the Beta Party (that featured the beta den)

If you look carefully, you can sort of see how the carpet would have fit in the beta den!
Here is the full view of what Tan Carpet looked like in the basic nonmember den


However, if you put Tan Carpet down in the Castle den, you'd be able to see more of the beta den floors

This was the top floor


This was the middle floor
And this was the bottom floor


The Tan Carpet "blobs" in the Castle den were all placed exactly where the floors were in the beta den
The middle floor was also the one that showed in the basic den. Interestingly, the basic den version of Tan Carpet didn't show the outline of the ladder and was missing a chunk at the bottom

Here's a picture of the Beta Party that shows the ladder and the chunk on the bottom

And here is a picture of the top floor at the Beta Party that matches up with the ladder part of the top floor tan carpet picture

Sometime after beta (I'm not exactly sure when) a new flooring called Brown Tile was released. It's believed that Brown Tile was meant to be a "fix" for Tan Carpet. It looked like this (and still does)

Even though they added Brown Tile, they never removed/replaced Tan Carpet. Tan Carpet itself was very rare in 2010, 2011, and 2012. There were only about 7 or 8 of them in the game. Since they were so connected to the beta dens, were glitched, and were so rare, they were a lot of peoples' dream items
This is what it looked like on a trade list

Unfortunately, sometimes in 2013 or 2014 (I'm not sure which year it was because I wasn't there) Tan Carpet got fixed. Since then it will no longer take shape of the beta den's floor when placed in the basic den or castle den. Instead, it is now exactly like Brown Tile. The only difference is Tan Carpet is still a nonmember item
Its item icon now looks like this

The icon is pretty much the same as it used to be, but bigger
Tan Carpet lost its specialty as well as its rarity. Some people will argue that it's still pretty rare, however it's available in The Forgotten Desert and was also available in TBA

Before I end the post, I'd just like to clear up that if you tried to place Tan Carpet in a den that wasn't the basic den or castle den, it would just be invisible (almost as if you had no flooring being used)

My thoughts on why it only showed up in those two dens were because they were the first two dens other than the beta dens. Those two dens must've had some leftover code from the beta dens

39 comments:

  1. Cool post by the way Wouk u mind making a page that will consist of items that r real and fake like hoods rings and editing request. Make a black cami frog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand the question

      Delete
    2. I think what they're trying to say is
      1. Cool post by the way
      2. Would you mind making a page that will consist of items that are real or fake (like mace tails)
      3. And they also want to know if you can make a black cami frog

      Delete
    3. I still don't understand #2
      All of my pages other than the edits page only have real items, so are they asking me to make a page about fake items?

      Delete
  2. Wow that's cool it wouldn't fit properly into a den but it was shaped for a beta den. In the summer (a lot of things happened in the summer on AJ XD) I had a tan carpet but then I traded it for my dream item Cami's frog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would just like to say that those beta dens are WAYY cooler than the "Small House" den. Shame shame, "NewHQ".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are
      I was hoping they'd be for sale at the Beta Party but it looks like AJHQ might never bring them back

      Delete
  4. Hey mel you inspired me to recolor some items, i want to show them to you but idk how....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Upload them to an image site like imgur and post the links here?

      Delete
  5. https://instagram.com/p/1_JOWEjS6q/

    OMG!!! That means it's going to be a den!!! :O :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And of course it will be in the diamond shop lol
      I might actually buy this one though, it doesn't look like it's huge

      Delete
  6. floors u r a floor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this flooring I traded my phantom armor piece and freedom fox hat , and nm rare lockect was it a good trade ? = )

      Delete
  7. Here are 2 videos about the den:

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yVPirW13aec

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7RzlF8mZtZM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how people find this stuff

      Delete
    2. Maybeh they hack. Thinking about what was in the Jamaa Journal, it's probably what's coming soon.

      Delete
    3. More likely Data Mining then Hacking.

      Delete
    4. yea, I can't even find my mum in the grocery store.

      Delete
    5. That is a very good quality comment

      Delete
    6. Please explain the comment above the one I made saying "...."

      Delete
    7. OH MY GOSH! A DEN! COOL! Wait, I DIDN'T WANT A DEN!! ANOTHER BEACH DEN!? WE ALREADY HAVE A BEACH/WATER DEN! AND NOW NO ONE CAN HAVE ALL THE LAND DENS IN AJ ANYMORE!! :(

      Delete
    8. I believe it was in response to when I said "I wonder how people find this stuff"

      Delete
  8. I love scammers (not)
    I am Master Rockybeast in this conversation.
    Rosy Icybrave: :dance:
    Rosy Icybrave: trade me i have beta blanket
    Rosy Icybrave: :dance:
    Master Rockybeast: lolno
    Master Rockybeast: Scem
    Rosy Icybrave: i wuv ur use
    Master Rockybeast: This is the beta blanket.
    Rosy Icybrave: no mie beta
    Rosy Icybrave: :sitSE:
    Master Rockybeast: lolno
    Rosy Icybrave: u scem
    Rosy Icybrave: lol
    Rosy Icybrave: really
    Rosy Icybrave: it not
    Master Rockybeast: that color is in Mountain Shiveer, Ill go buy it and proove it
    Rosy Icybrave: oh no
    Rosy Icybrave: DUDE
    Rosy Icybrave: :sitSE:
    Rosy Icybrave: :sad:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how people try to use items that are still for sale to scam, like the fake beta blanket

      Delete
    2. It's Blingy D00dsApril 28, 2015 at 5:39 PM

      Cracks me up everytime

      Delete
  9. Wow!!! I never knew that glitch! Epic! Have you done a history on the Wood Flooring yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wood flooring has a simple history like "it came out in beta, was taken out of stores, brought back again, and now it's in eagle quest"
      I only like to post about items that had something usual in their past, like how tan carpet used to look like the beta floors for example

      Gloves wee an exception

      Delete
  10. are the beta tan carpets still beta

    ReplyDelete
  11. are beta tan carpets still beta? because i havn't ben on a while and i traded my beta wood floor and beta gecko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you mean by "still beta"?

      Delete
    2. if the normial ,ones are stmill rare?

      Delete
    3. about as rare as everything else in eagle quest

      Delete
  12. I have tan carpet and it shows perfectly fine in my den. This article thingy is a bit confusing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said in the post it is no longer glitched

      Delete
  13. I have a tan carpet.. Anyone wanna trade for it? I'm Ajpauline

    ReplyDelete

Be prepared for sassy and sarcastic replies : )
If you're posting a link, please don't use link shorteners