TEST6

Behind the scenes of Julian2 videos and one of the #1 places AJ wiki gets its pictures from

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Blank Room Glitch

The Blank Room Glitch (sometimes I call it the Black Room Glitch, Empty Room Glitch, or the Discovery Glitch) was a rather interesting glitch that could randomly happen in AJ's first few years
It would typically happen after you quit a game

The first time I heard about this glitch was before the trade system came out. This is a story I already told on this blog before, but I'm putting it here again. My friend and I were playing Spider Zapper in Club Geoz and got bored after who knows how many rounds, so we both quit. I got put back into Club Geoz, but she got put into a black room (the Spider Zapper HUD stayed there)
The inventory screen opened up automatically for her - this is what she saw

A glitched up version of the inventory screen! The option in the "Sort By" menu all said SortText (instead of the usual Head, Back, etc) and lot of things were missing. The cool thing about this though... there was a trade menu! Remember, this was in early 2011 when there was no trade system so we basically got a preview of a new feature all because of a glitch! Of course no one believed us when we said there would be a trade system, but we had our proof... just not a way to show people
The same thing happened to me a few days later after I got out of Spider Zapper

On September 8 2011 the glitch happened to me again after I quit Fruit Slinger. This time I was also put into an empty room, but I could still press all of the usual buttons and use the chat. It looked something like this

Sometimes your username would display as Name if you had the glitch but other times it would show your actual username

Trying to switch my animals just gave me >>The Princess Glitch<< that I posted about less than a week ago

I tried to open my inventory, and...

I got the glitched inventory screen again! This time I got another preview of something that wasn't released yet (and still isn't)
On the trade menu, there were 3 categories - den items, clothing items, and a butterfly that symbolizes pets! That means AJHQ originally had plans for pets or rare pet items to be tradable! I wonder how many times I reposted that picture...

On March 23 of 2012, I discovered a way to glitch to happen. The reason I wanted to get the glitch again was so I could hopefully get another preview of an unreleased feature. I didn't actually expect to find anything cool, but I did!

I opened up my Jam a Grams and saw this

A preview of Jam a Gram typing! Previously we could only use preset messages in Jam a Grams such as "Thanks for playing with me!" and "You are a great friend!"
Also, it says the Jam a Gram is being sent to Snowflake Snowycamper. My old friend tech66 said this happened to him too and it also said Snowflake Snowycamper. Maybe that name is a default like Princess Orangemountain?
 
I typed a couple of messages testing out this (previously) unused feature

There were no word filters in the "preview" so I could type whatever I wanted. However I couldn't actually send these typed Jam a Grams to anyone

For the people wondering, this is the method I used to activate the glitch
It's since been fixed so there's no point in trying to do this now, but feel free to do it anyway
First I went to my den and brought a storage over. It was very important that the storage wasn't my buddy
I had my storage play a game in my den (it didn't work with buddy games or The Claw)

After my storage was in the game, I locked my den

I had my storage quit the game. The storage was then brought to an empty glitch room after quitting
Back then there was no feature that let you lock people out meaning there was no "The den you were in was locked" message. The game didn't know what to do since it couldn't put you in a locked den so it loaded a blank room

Unfortunately that method got fixed. I don't know if this glitch can even still happen, but chances are it can't : (

Oh well, the Discovery Glitch or whatever you want to call it was fun while it lasted. I got to show everyone some unreleased features without hacking like people do now which was pretty cool
The end

28 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. But why? It doesn't work anymore

      Delete
    2. You only said "chances are". I'm still gonna try cause it looks cool.

      Delete
    3. "It's since been fixed so there's no point in trying to do this now" is in the post tho

      Delete
  2. Am I the only one that noticed the trade symbol was different?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No
      I remember when it used to look like that. You can still see it in the trading tutorial

      Delete
  3. I got suspended for 3 days and I don't even know why lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ask AJQ what happened, maybe they will unsuspend you

      Delete
    2. Oh funny. AJHQ suspendeded me for 3 days. Then they changed it to a ban. Then to a suspension. Then to a ban when the suspension was supposed to expire. Then they changed it to a suspension. Then they lifted it.

      Delete
    3. Wow. That's like what high school stereotypical evil English teachers would do

      Delete
  4. Back in December i logged in and Jamaa Township was completely blank when i spawned. I also had membership then
    -Chia04

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chia! I never see you on anymore : (

      Delete
  5. h4xor1!!11!!!jK!*&^y54e!111!*16&!7*(!!&!!!!!!furst11111!!!!!!!45675432!!#!#$!$@#$-spiritcloud721

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im a s00p3r h4x0r h0w d1d u kn0\/\/

      Delete
    2. i iz sm4rt!1!1!!(*&&^%$# nda me dadi werksz fro AJJJ!!!!UYE%^&*()_(*&

      Delete
  6. PLAYER TWO WINS!

    -Robotic Operating Buddy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Who is R.O.B?

      Delete
    2. [img]http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/secret06/main.png[/img]

      Delete
  8. Yellow eye tiki for Reward Plaque?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Epic! I will STILL try to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it still can! i went into the temple and it was a black room but i didn't look at anything, i was too creeped

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did anything happen when you opened your inventory?

      Delete
  11. i tried it and it just said room or world full error

    ReplyDelete

Be prepared for sassy and sarcastic replies : )
If you're posting a link, please don't use link shorteners