TEST6

Behind the scenes of Julian2 videos and one of the #1 places AJ wiki gets its pictures from

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Removed features

This is stuff I should really add to the page I have about unused features (and then change the name of it to Unused and Deleted Features) but I'm putting it in a post

These are just features that were once in the game and got removed
The first one is the Clear button in the inventory screen

This was before there was a shop option and a pet option under your animal picture. Clicking Clear would remove all of your animal's clothing items

Sometimes I still wish they still had the Clear button, it was pretty useful sometimes. Very rarely, but sometimes. The probably got rid of it because too many people too many accidentally clicked it and got mad that they lost their outfit. You know, because it's so hard to just click all your clothing again lol

Next up is the Play Timer

It used to appear on the top of the screen to the right of where it shows the room name
You can see what it used to be on >>this picture<< I posted the other day

If you clicked on it it would open up a window that let you set a countdown clock. I don't have a picture of that window but there might be one on my SD card or on the internet somewhere

Another window would pop up when the countdown was finished and the timer icon would glow

Very few people used it and most people didn't even notice it was taken out of the game. Hardly anyone remembers it from what I've seen (but then again I never asked anyone about it - I could just be making this stuff up)

And finally, something I don't have a real picture of!

Basically those No Fishing Signs in Sunken Treasures used to have highlightable text

While that didn't really mean much, it hinted that we were originally going to be able to put custom text on signs
Or the less-cool-but-more-likely explanation, the highlightable text could've just been because of leftover data or something

33 comments:

  1. Wow nice o never knew about this .... Holla..... But were this during the beta period... Plz say me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he might be from another country (presumably mexico considering the Holla)

      Delete
    2. If they are asking if these features were there in beta - I know the clear button was, and according to the few beta screenshots I have, the timer was there but had no function
      There were no oceans in beta so the fishing signs didn't exist then

      Delete
  2. Mel they still haven't removed the pizza stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cupid's Bow and the Lucky Throne are also still there

      Delete
  3. The Clear button would have definitely been useful. I'm always changing my outfit. It's a shame AJ had to remove such a useful feature just cause people were too clumsy/lazy to put their clothes back on. At least we get one for den items now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's the name of the app you use to make animated GIFs? I can't be bothered to do the whole picture screen, pain, crop, copy, paste, and save and then repeat 7 more times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One that I don't think many people know about, LICEcap

      Delete
    2. I'm surprised they named it LICE lol

      Delete
    3. Here is the link to it
      CLICK
      Just in case you clicked the wrong link and went to one of those virus sites

      Delete
  5. Stupid AJHQ, they could just make it say when you click the clear button: Are you sure you want to remove all the clothes placed on your animal? :I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing. They did that with the clear button for dens, why not for clothing?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, AJHQ keeps adding features that are not really needed to AJ and NEVER add features that WE Want.

      Delete
  6. I never heard about the no fishing signs you could make a history post about hide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hide?
      I'm going to guess that's a spelling error, but I used to have a buddy with the user "hide" and it was a slightly interesting story, maybe I'll post that or something

      Delete
    2. Yes a spelling error XD it was suppose to say it instead of hide

      Delete
  7. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-N_oltGKmgps/VVSSfblC4jI/AAAAAAAAAjk/xkcHQKZg3NI/s1600/funny.PNG

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't find the tulip patch in anywhere.-spiritcloud721

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on the second page of Jam Mart Furniture

      Delete
  9. I remember the play timers, though I had no use for them...

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah yes, the play timers.

    i would try to be a "healthy" person by timing myself, so i wouldn't spend too much time on the computer (look how well that turned out)

    what im trying to say, is that every time the timer rang, i would just reset it and play more animal jam.

    that was also back when animal jam was actually exciting to play...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only remember using it once which was when my friend and I both set the timer to 5 minutes to see who could get the most gems from Fruit Slinger 4-4

      Delete
  11. Aj let you say The A word and f word today

    ReplyDelete
  12. OHH, I always wondered what that clock was used for! Nice post Mel! JAM ON!
    ~swirlshine

    ReplyDelete
  13. WHAT!? Oh WOW, that's NOT good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember the play timer, i only used it once though

    ReplyDelete

Be prepared for sassy and sarcastic replies : )
If you're posting a link, please don't use link shorteners