TEST6

Behind the scenes of Julian2 videos and one of the #1 places AJ wiki gets its pictures from

Saturday, July 25, 2015

What shops were selling in 2011

My SD card never fails to amaze me - every time I look at it there are always more fancy images from 2011 AJ. I found pictures of what some shops had for sale

I'll start with the pictures of what Jam Mart Clothing used to sell. They were all taken on May 31st 2011
There weren't a lot of clothing items back then so most of the items for sale were from beta. Cat Hats, Leis, and Fox Hats has just returned to stores after being rare since around beta times. A few weeks before these were taken, Headdresses, Royal Capes, and Tiki Masks has just left the stores. These pictures also show how member items had a blue background and nonmember items had a beige background. Honestly I liked that a lot better than the current "everything must be aquaturquoise" rule. It was a lot easier to tell what items were nonmember items

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Another thing AJHQ used to do that I think was really cool was every once in a while change the default colours of items. As you can see from these pictures, many items had different default colours. For example, Necklaces defaulted to black and Leis defaulted to white. It gave nonmembers different options since they couldn't change item colours anymore. They also changed member item defaults just because. Hopefully they'll start doing that again but I doubt it : (

Next up I have pictures of what the Appondale Museum Den Shop used to sell
It's not as interesting as Jam Mart Clothing but here are the pictures

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

As I said in another post, this shop also sold topiaries and Jamaaliday trees at some point

And finally, pictures from the Mystery Emporium, when it still sold game machines. Back then we had a shaman statue for every animal. All eight playable animals. We have like 32 animals now... yeah

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

These pictures made me think about another idea for a new page on this blog. It probably won't ever happen but I'd like to make a page where I post pictures of complete shops like this. Every time an item gets added to a shop or an item starts its leaving countdown, I'll update the page. That would be a lot of work and I doubt anyone would look at it but the idea's out there. Eventually I'd have a lot of old shop pictures saved up and I think it'd be fun to look back at them a couple years from now to see how things have changed (kind of like this post)
I don't even know what I'm saying lol

33 comments:

  1. The items used to be super cheap to. Now they are expensive. I wish I played in 2011:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh ikr
      But it is a lot easier to get gems now too

      Delete
  2. 2 things I noticed in play wild today. Crystal sands has 2 waterfalls when on aj it only has one unless I've been blind and didn't realize there was 2. And the other thing is you can zoom in now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea.

    ~aaron816

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyyo!
    I have a quick question to ask. I have my own blog, and I also wanted to use a sort of page similar to the item archive, where I post all the new items. Is that okay, as long as I don't call it the item archive and don't include the whole code (yellow = rare item Monday, etc).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can make it and call it whatever you want, I don't mind!

      Delete
  5. Please do the walls and floors of every den page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, it will just take a painfully large amount of time

      Delete
    2. I'd like to see it too it would help me plan out my dens before i make them

      Delete
    3. If only I had all the wallpaper and carpet lol

      Delete
  6. I really like this blog because it frequently calls upon the mighty nostalgia being to enter my head

    So many 2011 posts 8)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg thx thx thx!!!!!!!!! ( wait wat was I sayin) I just hate the fact that I didn't join in 2010/2011 cuz then it was so good back then! Well, I guess that's all, & when did you join, Mel? Bye! § cutesnowtiger §

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I joined on February 5th 2011
      I would think Valentine's Day items would bring back the most memories for me but Halloween items do lol

      Delete
  8. Headdresses are my favorite item... o.o

    ~Anonymous that has (not) been talking too much already so bye :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those people who love breadstick but vote for crocs are cruel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping crocs or seals win the whole thing (and now that I say that everyone will vote them out oops)

      Delete
  10. At this, that was when I wasn't playing AJ (BTW IAmBusyInAnimalJam's first comment lol)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Today I was looking at the Party List on Animal Jam and I saw that a party said "0 Minutes" but when I refreshed the parties page it said "Go Now!" Lol
    ~ATHBTTMASB

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is that a milky tiara?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wait no it's not a milky tiara nvm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate now when you are scammed, people say "I care," Yet they don't care. They ignore you for the rest of the time you play AJ. This is how I lose buddies. I am scammed, they say they care, ignore. ;-;

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heya, im back from my vacation! Anyway, I wasn't there in beta, but I was there when the museum still sold those banners. Yeah, those were cute, now all they got in that shop is weird looking hats. Those chicken and monkey ones are just... just not cool looking at all, in my opinion. Still though, beta sounded like it was pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh was it fun?

      These pictures weren't take in beta tho, I wasn't a beta tester : (

      Delete
  16. Day 23 Poll Results

    Cheetah 27 (29%)
    Crocodile 13 (14%)
    Dolphin 4 (4%)
    Koala 11 (11%)
    Otter 13 (14%)
    Panda 6 (6%)
    Penguin 5 (5%)
    Raccoon 5 (5%)
    Seal 8 (8%)

    Cheetahs have been eliminated with 27 votes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. http://cleverbugstreehouse.tumblr.com/post/124952431990/warning

    Have you heard about that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone told me about the mod but I didn't know any usernames of people who use it
      I wish AJ would fix things like this instead of fixing glitches that don't harm the game whatsoever like the [class Object] thing (and yes I know the decline thing isn't a glitch but still)

      Delete
  18. I miss the old appondale shop and mystery imporium. Not so much the clothing shop because most of my animals are naked with a head flower anyway...

    ReplyDelete

Be prepared for sassy and sarcastic replies : )
If you're posting a link, please don't use link shorteners