TEST6

Behind the scenes of Julian2 videos and one of the #1 places AJ wiki gets its pictures from

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Fruit Slinger Glitch Story

This is a story from 2011 about the weird stuff that happened when I played Fruit Slinger one day. I think I used to have this on a page but it doesn't exist anymore

These pictures were taken 4 years and one day ago

I wanted to play multiplayer Fruit Slinger with some random person in Appondale. I got someone to join but they quit immediately after we started. Instead of the game telling me I won because the other person quit, it brought be right singleplayer mode. I clicked Start and it brought me to world 2 of the level selection. I don't know why but I went back to world one and played the first level. Instead of the game loading normally, it looked like this

There are several things wrong with this picture. The fruit icons were on the wrong side while the numbers that show how many of each fruit I had were in their usual place. My username was shown as "balto9" which I'm guessing was the username of the person I was going to play with. There were also two slingshots and a floating fruit icon which are things that should only appear in multiplayer

I played another level to see if the glitch fixed itself. Spoiler alert, it didn't

I played a different world just to see what would happen. The level number in the corner still said 1 - 1 despite the level not being in world one. The multiplayer stuff was still there too. But the most interesting thing was what happened when I broke blocks. See for yourself:

If I broke any blocks, red or green blocks would appear! New phantoms would also appear with the red and green blocks

Here's another picture of the red and green blocks that's pretty much the same as the ones in the above picture

I'm terrible at explaining things so I won't say why there were red and green blocks there because it'll be confusing. Ignoring what I just said I'll try to explain why the blocks were there - the red and green blocks are in the placed the normal blocks are supposed to spawn. They are basically the level's "skeleton"
Since the game thought I was playing 1 - 1 it loaded the "skeleton blocks" from that level
Confused yet? Probably, let's just move on

The fruit just passed through the red and green blocks and the "new" phantoms. I cold only hit the normal ones

If a fruit fell in the gap between the two sides it would just roll as if there was land there

I played some more levels to see how they would look with the red blocks. Here are a couple images from the levels I played

Then I tried 5 - 10 which is the last level of Fruit Slinger

The game loaded the wrong background so some of the blocks looked like they were hanging off the edge!

Here is a picture of the same level after I slung some fruit

Then I tried playing my favourite level, 4 - 4
I gotta say it looks a lot prettier like this

If I tried to leave the level by clicking the X in the corner my only option was to quit. In regular singleplayer Fruit Slinger if you press the X in a level it gives you the option to restart the level or go back to the level select screen

21 comments:

  1. Honestly, hasn't anyone but me noticed that aj is too lazy to make their own games, so the just take classics and pretend they were smart enough to make it themselves? Fruit slinger is a fruitier angry birds.- cutesnowtiger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://animaljamflash.blogspot.com/2014/09/lets-play-how-many-of-ajs-minigames-are.html

      Delete
    2. Excluding the daeth animation, Phantom Fighter is a knockoff of some sort of space shooter, but I forgot the name

      Delete
    3. Ehh, webkinz and neopets are the same too. I assume it's much easier for them to just copy a game people are already familiar with than to make an entire new game.

      Delete
  2. FURST!!!*!(!&%$!%^!&*(!!&^%$!#@Q!#$%^&!*()_!(*&^%$#@$%^&*()_


    -spiritcloud721

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm very interesting I found that a bit confusing but okay? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried doing this glitch and it did bring me straight to Singleplayer, but nothing was wrong. And no pretty skeletion blocks :(
    Mel, does is ask you if you're a robot when you post comments?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this is from 4 years ago so I doubt it still works
      The robot thing is so spambots don't comment

      Delete
  5. ahhh The beta days that was the best time with no scamming or hacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus the whole no scamming or hacking in beta is total BS

      Delete
  6. May, please watch this and reply your opinion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyl8d7Qi7dg
    It is not AJHQ's fault for everything/ There are 20 million active players. And only 125 staff. We must stop hating on them... they do their best May. They do robotic responses because they do not have time to do real responses to 20 million active players. So we should stop the hating. It is not their fault this game has so many players. And AJHQ is still fair to NMS. Look at CP. We are lucky to play such a great game :) Please watch Wisteria's whole video..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never said they didn't do their best

      Delete
    2. ^I was actually going to make one of those short posts where I say "Let's take a moment to appreciate all the good things AJHQ does"

      Delete
    3. I know you never said it. This is mostly for people who hate on them and stuffs.

      Delete
    4. Well you said "May" so it looked like it was directed at me

      Delete
    5. LOL idkwhy i was probably half asleep x3 i use x3 a lot now so ya

      Delete
  7. Wow, strange! So you can't do this glitch anymore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm assuming it got fixed but I don't know. If could still be possible if they quit at the right time

      Delete

Be prepared for sassy and sarcastic replies : )
If you're posting a link, please don't use link shorteners