TEST6

Behind the scenes of Julian2 videos and one of the #1 places AJ wiki gets its pictures from

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Let's Talk About Rare Mondays

I don't want everything I post now to be rants so I'll make this one slightly different

 For this post I revived an old page I used to have, the Rare Monday Archive or whatever I called it. You can find the page by clicking the giant word below

> CLICK <
 
Just remember that page is extremely out of date and I won't be updating it since I missed a year or two's worth of Rare Monday items

Anyway here's the post

AJHQ originally rereleased an existing item for Rare Mondays. The first 3 Rare Monday items were rereleases as well as rare #s 5 and 6 (number 4 was a completely new item)
The 6th rare was Viking Helmets which before their rerelease were only available in beta

 Green viking helmets used to be one of the rarest items in the game. When viking helmets came back a lot of people quit because "they weren't rare anymore" which is a really dumb reason to quit lol
Ever since then AJHQ has done Rare Mondays differently. Instead of rereleasing an old item they decided on making "rare versions" of existing items which are just recolours. I guess the idea here was to still bring back old items but keep them rare at the same time. I'm not sure if the the fact that they stopped rereleasing rares was because everyone quit after viking helmets or not but it's a pretty big coincidence. At first I liked getting old items in new colours as it kept things minty fresh but now it's kind of getting (or has been for years) really boring and unoriginal, especially recently

When they started doing rare versions of items they used a wider variety of colours. For example the first two were yellow, the third was black, and the fourth was icy aqua. Maybe it's just me but I feel like a lot of the recent rares use pretty much the same colours

They're all some combination of green, purple, blue


 



See what I mean? I don't have a problem with those colours but sometimes they just look really ugly together (like on the woven shoes)

I hope they eventually start making rares that aren't either purple, green or blue. But who knows, they probably have like 100 purple green and blue rares piled up waiting to be released

Another "complaint" I have is how they're put into shops. As far as I remember, ALL of the above rares were sold in Jam Mart Clothing. They used to occasionally mix it up and put the rares in other shops (it was mainly the cocoa hut shop but still)
Even though it doesn't really matter that much and makes it harder to actually find the item when it comes out, I miss when they did that. It's pretty much a guarantee that the rare will be in Jam Mart Clothing every week. And if it's not, it's in Bahari Bargains. However they did mix it up recently with the two doctor items

Great! The only problem is, two weeks in a row they were in the same shop in the same exact spot
It's like they tried to mix it up but it didn't work. And then all the next rares were blue green and purple Jam Mart Clothing rares : (
If jackyboy was here he'd say "well no1s forcing u 2 buy teh rarez", which is true. I'm just saying Rare Mondays used to be something I looked forward to every week but now I just expect the same thing every week. I liked when they used colours other than those 3 that I keep mentioning and when they mixed up the shops every once and a while. It was also cool how the occasionally made an entirely new item the rare like they did with lionfish fin armor and cupcake hats. Oh well : (

Now let's wait and see if the next rare is one of those 3 colours and is in Jam Mart Clothing. I'm almost 100% it will be but I'm hoping AJ will prove me wrong please do

46 comments:

  1. holy squid the comments on that page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa.
      I'm concerned for the health of that poor comment section, it shouldn't deserve all those weird comments..




      //Holy frick, did anyone on that page NOT use text talk, though?

      Delete
    2. The page I talked about in the post

      Delete
    3. This has nothing to do with that page.. Please visit mah blog animaljamroze.blogspot.com and vote on the poll I made, I just wanna know what you all think.

      Delete
  2. Yup i figure they are doing all the doctor items see they did he bag and stethoscope. They do use the same colours I remember when they only used that light blue:( But THE CUPCAKES WERE SOOOOOOO DELICIOUS I MEAN HOLY CHEESECAKE THEY WEREVTHE BEST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havent bought the latest RIM's cuz they all look terrible. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jammers! My name is Wolfetter, and I own a blog called the Animal Jam Bubble! I try to update most days,
    And always attempt to put a smile on your face. To visit this blog, click the link below!
    bubbleanimaljam.blogspot.co.uk
    Enjoy your day, and I
    hope to see you on my blog.
    Xx, Wolfetter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since Jackyboy isn't here, I'll say it for him. Well no1s forcing u 2 buy teh rarez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which is true. I'm just saying Rare Mondays used to be something I looked forward to every week but now I just expect the same thing every week. I liked when they used colours other than those 3 that I keep mentioning and when they mixed up the shops every once and a while. It was also cool how the occasionally made an entirely new item the rare like they did with lionfish fin armor and cupcake hats. Oh well : (

      Delete
    2. since kevinnachos isnt here, i will say it for him.
      0MG U W0W Y W0W U BAEM MEH FOR SCALE WOW MEAN MALOETA358 wowo Im TELLING MY DAD HE OWN AJ WIOW AND ALSO IM TELLIN HIM TO FIRE FLEASAS

      Delete
    3. 2 late teh fleaesesas r alredy fyred :(((((

      Delete
  6. tbh i think ajhq doesn't rlly care about RiMs lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like rares! After I got hacked, I don't have much now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOLY SQUID!

    HOLY SQUID!

    HOLY SQUID!

    I just love saying that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok i know I should've posted this earlier but... HOLY NUGGETS THE WATER IS OVERFLOWING!!!!! okay its done. ANYWAY LOL I LIEK CAPSS. Okay.... getting off track here... :3 I miss you not posting that often and im sorry to see you start to drift away but, you and your blog will always have a place in my heart :)

    This is wunderjam BTW lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man, I'm really hoping they do something different.
    I remember that when the rares were actually interesting, I would use those as an excuse to get on AJ (because my mom thinks it's good to deprive me from any contact with the outside world >.>). Now what am I gonna do?
    Especially since I'm getting into higher grades now (I have no idea why I still play AJ XD) and I have to study more, it'd be nice to have something interesting other than just roleplaying and rares. Most of my buddies don't even talk to me anymore. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of buddies but whatever. Hopefully AJ "coincidentally" finds out about this like a few other times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://picturesthaticanuse.blogspot.com/2015/08/no-valid-comment.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow the diamond anklet isn't for diamonds

    yey it's so perdy.. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  13. are you going to/did you buy animal crossing happy home designer? i'm really excited for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love animal crossing.

      Delete
    2. I'm assuming it's a spinoff game where you design homes. Sounds incredibly boring to me.

      Delete
    3. The reason why I'm excited for Happy Home Designer is that it's the first game to utilize Amiibo cards. With these you can scan in characters and, as you said, design their homes but, with a theme (that they choose). I would prefer not to have add-ons for a 40$ game. However, opening cards is exciting. Just like a pack of Pokemon cards, you open it up to see what you get, you're either content with what the pack contained, or unsatisfied (at least for me). Although it is a gamble, you get six cards in a pack and, if you get a double, you can just sell them. That's the beauty of it,
      you keep buying more until you have that one special card that you've waited so long for. But, I haven't played the game yet, so it might be incredibly boring, who knows?

      Delete
  14. Aw, I loved Cupcake Hats, I still have one today from my early days of AJ! But they came back last year, so I was sad about that. Although, I wouldn't quit just because an item was not considered rare anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. good to know it wasn't just me that couldn't go on

      Delete
    2. YAAAAAY AJ IS DEAD

      NOW NAT GEO CAN HAVE A PERFECT REPUTATION

      Delete
  16. another complaint
    with Monday raRES:
    person: RARES ON TRADE!
    other person: ERMEHGERSH THOSE R MONDAY RARES UR SUCH A NOOB THOSE ARENT WORTH ANYTHING HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    with stuff like glitched yeti faces and glossy wings:
    person: GOOD STUFF ON TRADE!
    other person: OMG WHAT FOR YOUR GLITCHED YETI THOSE ARE WITH LEIK BLACK SPIKEZ!!!!11111!!1!11!1111
    glossy wings and gliutched yetis should be worth the same as Monday rares, why?
    Monday rares: an item that comes out for one day only then goes out of shops
    glitched items: an item that goes in shops for one day then goes out of shops
    Monday rare worth: nothing
    glitched item worth: rare spiked collars
    see? makes no sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well glitched items aren't in eagle quest but rare monday items are

      Delete
  17. Its my birthday today!

    ~aaron816

    ReplyDelete
  18. http://www.chickensmoothie.com/archive/2009/August/Items/?pageStart=10
    are you serious
    really?
    i bet everyone who plays aj in that game that has one is wearing one
    -spiritcloud721

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Link doesn't work but I'm guessing it's a spiked collar

      Delete
    2. You mean Link from the Legend of Zelda?

      Delete
    3. copy and paste it, thats what i do-spiritcloud721

      Delete
  19. Hey Mel! Here's a link to my AJ survey:
    http://mixtureoflifemol.blogspot.com/2015/08/animal-jam-survey.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. *screams inwardly at who was commenting on that page*

    ReplyDelete

Be prepared for sassy and sarcastic replies : )
If you're posting a link, please don't use link shorteners