TEST6

Behind the scenes of Julian2 videos and one of the #1 places AJ wiki gets its pictures from

Monday, February 1, 2016

AJ Servers Rant

It's that time of the week again - I got 0 sleep credits last night so I need to make more uninteresting rant posts !!!!!!

This time the topic will be AJ's terrible servers. I'm sure most of us can probably relate to at least one of these things. That's really unfortunate, too : (

NONE of this stuff ever happened in the first 3 years of AJ so expect me to bring that up 50 thousand times

Also, I put way too many pictures in this post. You're welcome

The first thing is the least annoying of the things on this post but it's still very annoying. This happens very often. On my screen I'm facing the screen and to the right

On my friend-who-totally-isn't-my-alt's screen, I'm facing away from the screen to the left

It's not too bad but it tells us the servers aren't very accurate. In the past it would always show you in the same position on everyone's screen

Here's another example. On my screen I'm standing right next to gigi

But on Røsey's screen I'm a mile away!

This usually leads to someone yelling at you for standing on them even though on your screen you're nowhere near the person you're apparently standing on. Yeah, very annoying

I'll give one more example of this. On my screen I'm flailing around like an idiot with my arrow keys

However, on Røsey's screen, I'm barely moving...

It's very slow at updating my position. In the past, it would always update right away. It would look like I am flailing around like an idiot on everyone's screen, not just mine (although arrow key controls didn't exist back then)

I think I have an explanation for this though. AJ didn't have nearly as many players now as it did back then. That put a lot less stress on their system... or something

The next thing I'm going to complain about is the "Find Open World" option

I'll only go over this briefly because yes, you can turn it off. I'm complaining more about the fact that it's on by default. I don't think a lot of people even know what this does. If the room you want to get into is full, it will switch your server to one where the room isn't full. It's a good feature for newer players who don't really care about what server they're in and just want to play, I get that. But every time I log into a storage and try to get into a room in a specific server or something, I always forget that it's on by default and it sends me to an empty room on an empty server. It's very annoying but I get over it in 30 seconds

Next up is the player search system. If you're not in the same server as someone, even if they are online, it will almost always show them as offline. In the past it would always show them as online no matter what server you or they were on. That's not a huge deal on its own but it can cause other problems. Let's say someone who isn't your buddy wants to visit your den. The problem is, your den is locked

They sned you a Jam a Gram asking you to unlock it

You unlock your den and sned them a Jam a Gram back

But because they are on a different server than you, your playercard doesn't update and it still says your den is locked!

Then they send you an angry Jam a Gram calling you a liar

Even though you did unlock your den, you get blamed for AJ's terrible servers!
It's not very fun being called a liar when you were telling the truth : (

And perhaps the most annoying thing about modern AJ's servers are the servers themselves (or as they call them now, "Worlds")

There are two or 3 versions of each server
Here's an example of what I mean by that

Account #1 goes to Aldan. Look at how empty it is

Account #2 also goes to Aldan. Both accounts were on at the same time, but Account #2's Aldan is completely different than Account #1's Aldan!
 This is incredibly annoying for a large variety of reasons (which I'll get to in a second)
What's the point of giving servers unique names if 2 different servers have the same exact name!? Why are there 2 or 3 "sets" of servers? I understand AJ has a lot more players nowadays so one set of servers isn't enough to hold all the players, but why can't they name the servers differently? Why are there TWO ALDANS!? At least name one of them Aldan 2!


Alright, imagine this situation. your favorite blogger is hosting an AJ party

The party day is here and you go to the server Draa

And then someone else goes to Draa. Instead of putting them into the party room's server, they get a completely different Draa and miss the party

Because of how there are like 12 of each server, you and probably half of the other people that wanted to attend the party end up missing the party...

In 2011, if you wanted to host a party in Draa, everyone would be able to make it with no problem. There was only one Draa

It's not like that anymore so you're pretty much forced to host parties in dens unless you don't mind losing half your guests

It's not only that, though... Say you wanted to get an item off a storage account. Your buddy list is full and you can't delete anyone so you need to be in the same room as the storage. You're in server Kama in Coral Canyons. It's a pretty full room. You log your storage in and bring it to Kama's Coral Canyons. The thing is, the Kama your storage is in is completely empty! So now you have 3 (terrible) options. You can...
A - force one of your buddies to add the storage to their busy list so you can teleport to them
B -Leave the room your in, ditching all your buddies that were in the room with you and go to your den so you can meet upw ith your storage (assuming you don't get the stupid locked den problem)
or
  C - give up on using the storage

So you decide to go with option B
But the problem is, you get this...

You know what, I'm done. Bye

136 comments:

  1. I found these comments when trying to find out the numbers in jackyboy's name
    [img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PZK0sXkcJt0/Vq_DA6qZyJI/AAAAAAAAaxE/Niua489DXGw/s1600/ONE%2BOF%2BMY%2BBETTER%2BMOMENTS.png[/img]

    One of my better moments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lolololololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, I'm happy today. Lol.

      Delete
    2. stupidcat forgot what he was going to comment because he was getting annoyed that the "reply" button didnt work and then talkobunny became stupidcatconfirmed when he realized the "reply" button was part of the screenshot

      Delete
    3. yamyam needs to talk to the talkokitty

      Delete
  2. this isn't related to servers, but just something I want to point out. when I was on the epic dens list, I got a buddy request every ten seconds, so I turned off my buddy requests. that works, right? NOPE! I logged off and after awhile I logged back on. my jamagrams were filled with buddy requests... now as you probably know when your jamagrams are full your oldest one is deleted. I have some old jamagrams I would like to keep so this really annoyed and worried me at the time. again, not realted to servers but something I would like to point out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a problem for a while, too. If you were offline you could still get buddy request jam a grams even if they were turned off or if your list was full. They fixed that semi recently though

      Delete
  3. Some of it isn't even AJHQ's fault- it's the client they chose (SmartFox) that has inconsistencies like this. Changing it would mean losing a lot of data :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smartfox?? Fill me in please.

      Delete
    2. It's a server company, basically
      http://www.smartfoxserver.com/

      They also had an animal with a custom name
      [img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-b6KPg3rCzsU/VTsmNQutIVI/AAAAAAAARxE/KThspnvbL-c/s1600/what%2Bthe%2Bbutts.png[/img]

      Delete
    3. Yep- that's right! I think they chose to use it during 2012-2013.
      -Sam AIBO

      Delete
  4. If u double click it apparently shows up on everyone's screen but idk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hep mw wth moi matt homwerk plez

    k numer won es 52+9 I dunno wat dat iz
    numer to es 9(4) wat do da litul haf cirkulz men
    den der iz 8(1-1) wat iz dis i duno wat da cirkulz men plz help me maybunlostetta! Plz or els I report u to mai dadi and he ban u kuz he rulez aj wit his rarez end videoz he ownz it naw kuz he rar and if u dont help he will steal your rarez den u kry lik a kid baby hahahaha.



    U re poop meluta end ai tell herbrine end he iz evil so he kil u in mienkraft


    iluminati wil get u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am tried of all this hate comment !!!!

      Delete
    2. Wel den stahp being post den ai wil stup kuz u wilnt post end ai ken du samting els ater dan ak fur help, den ai esk bob for humwek help su stap postin stoopid noo8





      p.s u noo8 ad ajjam kuz u don hav black spice necklace wit da rar tag kuz datz haw ur awesum end ur nawt so i hat u >:(

      Delete
    3. plz help wit mat homwurk!!!! or els ai repurt u!

      Delete
    4. your e lier !!!
      [img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-crhiAYIB4Zc/VqsABFE4C2I/AAAAAAAAaiI/V2oqgWsa--g/s1600/ddd.png[/img]

      Delete
    5. fin mene u get rupurted kuz u hak da spik in u rood! I wil tel my dad's dad kuz he made aj in 1666 so he haz all da betu!

      Delete
    6. ur lier becuz i join in 666 that is 1000 yerz before he made it

      Delete
    7. well den u haked in da gaem in 666 bekuz it wuz unreleseled! mai dad did tings legit he totly didnt hack ajs admin for leek photos end hes frends wit cooked lark stasis hu is my adoptive dad's dad so u hav won last chance hulp me wit mai mat homweerk or else ai report u NERD!!!!!!!!!!! grr















      ps i hat u








      ps mai dad owns gogel so he take down ur bogel







      ps im a rapper yo and i dress rater dapper







      ps i hat u

      Delete
  6. wait you ended your life, on this disgustin xcuse fora bogel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope, i never had a life to begin with lol

      Delete
  7. When you comment on the wrong post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I went to ur den on my storage it said u where offline when u where online! Stupid AJ and their crud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My den is locked, how did you manage that?

      Delete
    2. That was the day I met u I think

      Delete
  9. Report ilovecurryrice and Bobobunny1234 they r mean and threatened to ban me if I didn't give them spice dollar and they scammed me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Looks to me like you're typing instead lol

      Delete
    2. My school Chromebook is in my lap on my bed

      Delete
  11. Wanna play aj with me even though I might fall asleep on my chrome book

    ReplyDelete
  12. don't compare me to the trash jackyboy is???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blame XxXxXxKitt3nSl4y3rxXxXxX, not me

      Delete
    2. tell xxxxxxkitt3nsl4y3rxxxxxx to watch out for money monster !!!!

      Anyways, how are you doing?

      Delete
    3. that's better than being indecent

      Delete
    4. that must be hard

      Delete
    5. goodbye mysterious money monster, I must vanish~

      Delete
    6. Do you play any instruments

      Delete
    7. goodbye! ^.^

      Delete
  13. I play all percussion instruments and I can sing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi it's Jana here ( discogirl500 ) and Pandybewwrs internet is going down now. So yeah anyways the mall was awesome! Except my heart broke when we where watching a movie at the movie theater in th mall... Cuz Marissa (Pandybewwr) brought Penny. During the movie, Penny held Marissas hand a lot and kissed her on the cheek.

    ReplyDelete
  15. R u awake cuz nobody likes me discogirl500.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told you I don't wake up until 11 or so in your time

      Delete
  16. Very long rant I almost diedXD Im just kidding it wasn't long and no I didn't die. What do you mean by this stuff never happened to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means AJ didn't have these problems in 2011

      Delete
  17. Hi Mel. How are you?
    I'm Choruss AJ, I used to be Chorus2010. Don't know if my name rings a bell or not, but I was really good friends with Gingerpawz. I remember you two, I practically idolized you! It's funny how everyone is kind of grown up now. I'm now 15, and your username popped into my head. After a little research, I found you still had AJF! I can't believe you're still playing, hehe! If you're interested, maybe we could chat? I'd love to hear how you're doing.

    Xoxo
    Choruss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss gingerpawz : (
      She was a good friend until she started hating me for no reason lol

      Delete
    2. I gave her my bait creature mask and she thanked me by calling me selfish LOL

      Delete
    3. I am an avid reader too Choresses

      Delete
    4. Wowow I miss ging too. (I can't believe she did that ah)
      Do you want to be buddies?
      XOxoxox

      Delete
    5. if my list clears up and my memory isn't bag of rock tier then sure

      Delete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Guess what I was forced to not eat cup o noodles tonight I ate teriyaki chicken, rice and fortune cookies.
    -Jana

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are exactly my thoughts on the servers

    ReplyDelete
  21. melly add me on aj i want to look kool with u on my buddy list1!!!1!1!1!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what was your username again i forgot

      Delete
    2. if i ever log in again and have buddy space sure

      Delete
    3. okay
      btw what would you do if
      If you don't have straight A's one quarter your parents take your phone and laptop and technology privileges and you have a 90.6 in Spanish (A) but you have a test the next day :(((

      Delete
    4. that's like instant death for me

      Delete
    5. oh ok
      wish me luck :'( tear for the fallen

      Delete
    6. if you don't make it can i have your cactus hat

      Delete
    7. gimme bluegreen helmet
      or no deal

      Delete
    8. if it includs magenta hair then maybe

      Delete
    9. sorry i only have pink featherhair

      Delete
    10. cactus is rarer
      but mayber
      pink featherhairs
      magenta hair
      black lungs
      and pinkeye

      Delete
  22. How we'll do you know me? Btw its Pandybewwr the Internet is not down yet . If u answer most correctly u truly my friend
    1. What's my real name
    2. What's my fav color
    3. Who is my girlfriend?
    4. What's my fav food
    5. What's my dream job

    ReplyDelete
  23. Made a new post. Jana is doing homework Cuz I just texted her a few minutes ago.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think Jana is upset I'm dating Penny

    ReplyDelete
  25. Poor Jana..... I feel bad that I'm dating Penny now.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stupid aj is taking forever to load

    ReplyDelete
  27. Should I break up with Penny to make Jana happy and make Penny sad? Or should I contine to date Penny and upset my bff, Jana?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're asking a psychopath for relationship advice lol

      Delete
    2. whatever feels right i guess idk I am the worst person to ask these kinds of questions

      Delete
    3. This could deturmine my fate forever.

      Delete
    4. But it's nice reviving spam texts of heart emojis saying I love u before bed at night

      Delete
  28. What ur new post about how about what to do on AJ if u bored

    ReplyDelete
  29. Replies
    1. I can't play Cuz it's taking forever to load

      Delete
    2. Plus I made a new aj about a week ago and it got banned from aj Cuz someone hacked it D:

      Delete
  30. Lol I change my Google profile a lot
    I used to be Link4154
    Then I was MysticKitty415
    And now I'm Littlestripe

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey Mel you got any ideas on what the next Pokemon game might be. I'm hoping for a new region and a Eevee mega that she can rotate forms like flareon, jolteon, and Vaporeon ect. It can be used in one of 3 ways.

    1: [ability] like protean (attribute advantage activates transformation)

    2: [ability] Also kinda like protean but skill wise ( fire type move = flareon transformation)

    3: A skill activates it (it would be like transform but you get to another turn after using it)

    what you think?
    ( i really don't want it to be Z )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's too early for gen 7 but I don't want Z either. They did set up a lot of stuff for Z though. For example I think some movie came out in Japan called Pokemon Z, and there are unused moves in the game's code that are presumably to be used for Zygarde

      Delete
  32. hi mel its me Pandybewwr and im still in class and too lazy to log into blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the teacher is talking about how the boys shoild not glue their hands together while in art class. for the girls its free time.

      Delete
    2. wanna play aj with me im at ur den

      Delete
    3. ok but i might vanish randomly

      Delete
  33. how do i change my backrounnd on my blog to a customized one
    -Pandybewwr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Design » Temple » Customize » Background

      Delete
    2. mel will you be here for me if i get a B on my spanish or science

      Delete
  34. omgish kurururu
    y u so nerd look at this post its sux
    su r u face!!!
    i hat u so mach bc u nerd
    n1 lub u!!!1

    im su fabulas den chu!
    you are racshish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ONG how can u say thing like this i am cri in both rel life and inernet land :'((((((

      Delete
  35. Hi school starts early today on Thursdays and Fridays it starts early and on Fridays we get out at 1:30 so yea I'm getting ready for school
    -Pandybewwr

    ReplyDelete
  36. Dis u quit ur blog????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. non i just didnt get seep for 30+ hours and had 2 retire for the day early !

      Delete
  37. YAY MEL AJHQ ARE IMPROVING CHAT IF U FOLLOW THE RULES YOU GET MORE FREEDOM OVER CHAT IF U DON'T U GET RESTRICTIONS

    OMG AJHQ TY

    ReplyDelete

Be prepared for sassy and sarcastic replies : )
If you're posting a link, please don't use link shorteners