TEST6

Behind the scenes of Julian2 videos and one of the #1 places AJ wiki gets its pictures from

Thursday, February 4, 2016

My thoughts on the new chat system

I originally had positive views on today's update but that was before I actually tried chatting

The newspaper says people who follow the rules will have more freedom with the chat, and people who will have a more strict chat

That sounds great, right? I thought so, but this chat is now has anything but freedom!

I follow the rules yet I can't have a simple conversation with someone without getting at least 50 warning messages even though I'm dong nothing wrong

There are some new warning messages. You better get used to them as they seem to come up after every other message sent

Before I complain about the bad stuff, I'll talk about the good stuff. This new chat system is bittersweet, but mostly bitter

You know how the AJ chat had the worst chat filter? Well, it still does lol
But now you can say a small variety of words that you couldn't say previously (even though they shouldn't have been blocked in the first place

Words you can now say include...

Scam (and all variants)
Hack (and all variants)
Hate (and all variants)
Depressed (and all variants)
Killing
Killed
Dead
Death
Jesus
Knife
Demon
Anxiety
Ugly
Jealousy
City

And probably many more words. Sadly that's where the good things end
There are still some things that they didn't fix, such as being able to say the word "husband" and "hi" with more than one i
Seriously AJ, what's so bad about saying hii or byee? That's how I used to do my greetings and goodbyes, but now I can't for literally no reason

That's not all that bad though. What's bad is how this new chat is almost like the exact opposite of freedom! Free chat is basically the same thing as restricted chat now!

It's near impossible for me to talk in AJ now. If you spell words incorrectly it will just give you this message



let's be honest here, they ain't never gonna review that message

If you spam random letters it will give you that message. If you type anything that isn't an English word you get that message. Half the time if you type perfectly it will give you that message!

Because I'm a total weirdo I have my own "typing language"
I commonly make up words and spell things incorrectly on purpose. With this new chat I'm not allowed to do that because it's "wrong"
As cheesy as this will sound, it's like AJ is trying to teach me I can't be myself. Yes, I'm probably overreacting there, but it's kinda true if you think about it :\

There are so many things you're not allowed to say now. Yeah, this is definitely what I call "freedom"

I've even seen several people being able to type things that I can't type. I don't break the AJ rules (and if I did and I tried to ask AJ what rules I broke, they're never going to tell me, LOL) so I don't get it. That leads me to believe it has something to do with my suspension record. My account Meloetta385 has been suspended twice. The thing is, neither of the suspensions were my fault at all! The first time I got suspended was because I said "i kwit" which is "I quit" spelling wrong. I didn't even get any kind of warning message, they just banned me right away for no reason. What the cheese tacos, AJ!? The second time I got suspended was from when I got hacked. Whoever the hacker was got my account banned

I could be wrong here, but the reason my chat is so restricted is because of these two suspensions that WERE NOT MY FAULT! I'm being punished for something I had no control over, nice
There are plenty of "banned for no reason" stories in this post
So people are going to keep getting punished for things that are wrong on AJ's end. That's so squiddin sarcastically great!

And here's something else inexcusable with this new chat system. I was at a party with a bunch of people and my friend buster walks in and says hi. I said "hi hi" to him and got one of those stupid warning messages that you can't x out of and takes 5 minutes to go away

I figured that maybe I spelled it wrong or something so I just typed "hi"
And guess what? ANOTHER one of those warning messages! Since when was wanting to be a decent person and saying hi to my friend a crime!?

I'm not going to lie, I was actually excited about this update. That party was amazing, we got some cool new items, and more den space. I was all ready to decorate my den and have some fun on this game. Then I tried to talk to my friend. That's when I learned how bad this chat really is

I'll get a lot of backlash for saying this but these awful changes to the chat are really making me want to play this game a lot less. I was hoping my 5th anniversary on AJ was going to be slightly fun but when I can't even say hi to my friend without the risk of getting banned, how am I supposed to have fun on this game? And it's not like quitting is an option, I have no life so I have nothing better to do lol

I think I might just switch over to Bubble Chat for a while. The way it is now, Bubble Chat is way more "free" than free chat

135 comments:

  1. I completely agree with all of this, I got almost all my message blocked today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel I am friends with someone somewhat famous 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this chat update is crapper than the one they did around halloween in 2014

      Delete
  3. I started a blog yayayayayyayayayayayayayayyaya 😝😝🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗😎😎😎😎😎🤓🤓🤓🤓

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to take a whoopy cough shot but im scured halp me plz

    ReplyDelete
  5. when you read this i will commit
    sue of side

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well holy crap, I'm going to censor myself so people can read this rant. This chat is the finishing touch on the makeover of Animal Jam. The Art Style changed started all the way back when they switched from 2d items to 3d. Over time it for more cheesy, and it's gives me a sort of "grainy" frustrated feel when I see the art style of newer animals/items. The art style has changed, I can say with no doubt in y mind whatsoever, ENTIRELY. They tried to make the game feel "modern". In so doing so, they have made the game frustrating to play. Just the visuals frustrate me, the chat, the lag, the glitchieness of it all. Animal Jam has gone from a "smooth" fun game, to a "grainy" impossible to play game. CONGRATGULATIONS AJ, you have lost yourself a player who has been a member since November 2012, and a player since June(maybe May?) 2012.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol we shall need to find diff way to talk bc I'm not using craptastic chat

      Delete
    2. do what i did with terra and make a private blog for just us to comment on lol

      Delete
    3. I shall do that in the morning. If I remember lol

      Delete
    4. ok pls because blogger is like my mind- a weird maze that no one understands besides it's creator

      Delete
    5. ok comment on random post and i will give url

      Delete
    6. im probably gonna quit soon too aj has changed too much and i dont feel fit for it

      Delete
    7. I would quit but then what would I do with my free time if I can't complain about AJ lol

      Delete
  7. Hi it's discogirl500 here (Jana) and I ate the usual cup o noodles junk for dinner did u eat yet

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought the chat was gonna be a good idea, I actually haven't talked to my buddies through it yet, since yesterday I only had. Time to. Make a post cause I had to do something. But now you talk about it it doesn't sound good. I got suspended for 1 day I think it was because I asked, what's your YouTube channel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nope my discipline history is cleared!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol if you say "what is your paws" you instantly get suspended
    I said that on a storage a while ago cuz I was bored

    ReplyDelete
  11. i can't type correctly like that


    WHYYYYYYYYY
    [Message has been blocked for breaking the rules]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, at least bubble chat has nostalgia from when it was default.



    Good thing I have some old 2011 accounts I didn't do anything on except play like one game

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got gifting and trading ban for 3 days for going to an extreme gifting party. REALLY AJ!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I might quit if aj does one more stupid thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah none of this new chat stuff is actually useful

      Delete
  15. Can you still say "tapeworm"?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eventually all you'll be able to say is complements about AJHQ

    -Fomar

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. going to sleep right now actually

      Delete
    2. Also I totaly stood up to that hater on my blog look

      Delete
  18. I have been truly considering giving AJ another chance, but this basically just ended any chances of that happening. Censoring was already ridiculous enough, but now if you do so much as make a typo your message is blocked. Do they truly believe that this is an update that will better the site?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The day before the update I was genuinely excited for the direction this game was going and for my personal life on AJ because I was going to celebrate my 5 years of proof of not having a life. This update really killed it for me

      Delete
    2. Animal Jam: Crushes souls.

      Delete
    3. They crush my soul every time I try to email them

      Delete
    4. They crush my soul every time I get on after having not been on for months

      Delete
    5. I'd hate to quit over something as simple as a new chat system but it's that bad

      Delete
    6. I'd see it more as the straw that broke the camel's back

      Delete
    7. Every time I "quit" AJ I end up coming back in a few months lol

      Delete
    8. Hindsight can make problems appear not as horrible as they did at the time of the 'quitting'

      Delete
    9. That's why I give it a day of thinking before I make any major decisions

      Delete
    10. I should probably start doing that

      Delete
  19. If AJHQ's intention is to ruin the site, they're doing a swell job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They already ruined it 3 or 4 years ago lol

      Delete
    2. They've been doing a swell job 3-4 years in a row, good on them.

      Delete
  20. OK AJHQ I MEAN WHAT THE FRICK I GOT SUSPENDED ONCE FOR SOMETHING I DID NOT EVEN SAY AND I CANNOT SAY 14 I CAN SAY 13 12 11 BUT NOT 14 I THINK AJHQ JUST TAKES RANDOM PHRASES AWAY FROM YOU WHEN YOU GET SUSPENDED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me get this straight, 14 = suspended but any number below 14 is all good?

      Delete
  21. I once got suspended in 2015 for saying I am in love with my pack of cheese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AJHQ must really have a thing against dairy products.

      Delete
    2. clark is lactose intolerant confirmed

      Delete
    3. If I can't love cheese, nobody can.

      Delete
    4. There's a cheese hat item though

      Delete
    5. They made the cheese hat to trick people into thinking they accepted cheese

      Delete
    6. To lull them into a false sense of security before they ban them

      Delete
    7. It makes sense, it came out for april fools

      Delete
    8. lol I love cheese that's why Jana made cheese croc

      Delete
    9. But saying u in love with cheese ain't wrong

      Delete
    10. Cheese romance isn't very accepted in this society yet

      Delete
    11. That's also a part of the conspiracy

      Delete
    12. You're not supposed to ask why

      Delete
    13. Also look what I said to hater on chat page 1

      Delete
  22. Oh I get it u pretending to be AJHQ huh Mel am I right

    ReplyDelete
  23. Do you want me to go through all of these comment sections and make a list of how many rules you've broken

    ReplyDelete
  24. why did the conversation suddenly stop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the assassins showed up at my house, don't know about you guys

      Delete
    2. Cleaning my room for my gf Penny she's making me homemade pizza and she's so sweet <3

      Delete
    3. and also writing another horrible post

      Delete
  25. Homemade pizza for lunch is what Penny gonna make for me she's buying the flour, cheese, tomatoes (for her secret family recipe pizza sauce) and other pizza supplies she coming over in a half hour at 12:30

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but penny isnt in your family to its not really a "secret family recipe" anymore, is it?

      Delete
    2. She Ah didn't tell me recipe just said 1 ingredient that's tomatoes

      Delete
  26. I'm in my jeans and my old softball team shirt Cuz I'm lazy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Shall I do another rant post soon do u think they're interseying

    ReplyDelete
  28. I said alot of these things, and nothing happened...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Mel i see you have magenta hair
    can i have it plzsplzplszplplzspszl


    also my science teacher isnt giving me my grade im annoyed :C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sacrificed way too much for magenta hair

      Delete
    2. did you have to sacrifice a cactus hat

      Delete
    3. no but i sacrificed a photon carpet, des hood, ugly tan mask, superplaques, and 12 headdresses and a river race game for it

      Delete
    4. can i have featherhair plpspl

      Delete
    5. i do no have featherhair anymore : (

      Delete
    6. can u gimme a rure pls mel or i report for bully

      Delete
    7. i do no have dispensable rures anymore

      Delete
    8. can u go to wootmoo den and wear ur green and blue hat i wanna see what happens lol
      then i wont report you

      Delete
  30. You can't say the death ones anymore for some reason

    You can still say ugly though because that makes sense

    ReplyDelete
  31. AAA I'm so behind on my comments now im sorry i never get to go on my computer anymore

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think i broke rule #3 sorry dont pots that please

    ReplyDelete

Be prepared for sassy and sarcastic replies : )
If you're posting a link, please don't use link shorteners