TEST6

Behind the scenes of Julian2 videos and one of the #1 places AJ wiki gets its pictures from

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Rant - Uber Rare Items

I've mentioned some of this stuff in previous posts but this time I'll go more in-depth about it. This I feel is one of the main reasons why this game's "economy" is so corrupt

You might want to read these two posts firsts if you haven't already:
Huge Aldan Rant
My thoughts on "modern" trading

I'm sure you're well aware that there are a few items in this this game that are much much rarer than others. These specific colors of items are not in adventures

The main ones I am talking about are...

Beta Eyes, Beta Creatures, Beta Elf, and Milky Tiara


And there are a few others such as Pearly Tiara and Glitched Turquoise Necklace but I am excluding those two items because Pearly Tiara is a hacked item and I don't have enough info or even a picture of Glitched Turquoise Necklaces. However, those two items are extremely rare too

There are well under 10 of each of these items in the game. There's part of the problem

These items are classified as "special items"
As I mentioned before, none of these items are available as adventure prizes. That wouldn't be too much of a problem, except these items never come back to stores either. At least, no "special items" have ever made a return since they were taken out of stores. To make it even worse, most of the time AJHQ won't even acknowledge these exist. A number of times I've tried asking AJHQ about these items, mainly the beta eye. All they tell me is "don't WORRY jammer, EYEBALL hats USUALLY return for NIGHT of the PHANTOMS!!!!!!!! (emote x20)"
They ignore the fact that I'm talking about the special eyeball hat, not basic for sale ones. I made it very clear which one I was talking about too, but as I've learned the hard way many many times, AJHQ's support system is... well, not very helpful. They only look for keywords and send you an automatic completely useless response that's usually unrelated to anything you said. If you mention the word "hack" even once, chances are they'll send you 1000 tips on how to not get hacked. But that's not what this post is about

Basically what I'm trying to say is, there are very few of each of these items in the game and they never come back, while almost every other item in the game lost its value completely due to the existence of The Forgotten Desert. Because of this, the (very) few people that have any of these items hold onto them and typically aren't willing to trade them. No amount of items in The Forgotten Desert will ever add up to the value of one of these items. All that being said, it's near impossible to ever get any of these items for yourself. The only REAL way to get these items is by hacking a player who has one. If the only way to get a rare item is to hack, that tells me they're doing something wrong here!

There ARE a few special items that are NOT impossible to get without hacking. Some of them are still very hard to obtain, but are actually possible to get as there are so many of them (at least compared to the above items)
Some of those items include...

Beta Hood, Beta Blanket, Beta Tiaras, Glitched Rings, and Magenta Furries


While these items are for the most part extremely rare, they are actually gettable! Like I said, there are so many more of these items than there are items like Beta Eyes. People are much more willing to trade these items because of that. That's why it works

In the past, we had plenty of one of a kind items. The reason why it worked back then was because there were so many different one of a kind items and every item had its own value. It was still very hard to get one of a kind things like the brown worn blanket back then, but it was still very possible because the only items that were considered absolute garbage were the ones in stores. Everything else was rare! But now, it's only "rare" if it's a headdress, tan mask, a black spiked collar, or a special item. Everything else is considered trash and should be immediately recycled

So how do they fix this? How do they keep these uber rare items more common but still very rare?

Well, I have a few suggestions for that

1. Instead of doing those diamond challenges on the Daily Explorer where you have to read a book and retype one of the facts from said book, they could have item contests. The winner could win one of these uber rare items

2. They could also give them out to people who won News Crew

3. I've suggested this many time and we'll see if they listened to my suggestion in a few days - make these items for sale in the Leap Year Party!!!! If they're ever going to bring them back, now would be the perfect opportunity

4. Bring them back for an AJ anniversary! They really should've done this last year for the 5th anniversary, but...

5. Make them extremely rare prizes in The Forgotten Desert

If they do any of these things, the items will still have some value while being actually obtainable without hacking. Otherwise, these items are encouraging hackers in a way >:(

And that's the end of this rant if you can even call it a rant
I'm really really hoping the Leap Year party isn't a disappointment. I understand the few people with these items will be sad that their precious little item isn't 3 of a kind anymore, but I think that's much better than having thousands of kids being sad that they can never get their dream item

170 comments:

  1. but if news crew members got them then flaw and fin would get them lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they should give them out to people like Fire and you who contribute positive things to the AJ community

      Delete
    2. nah they'd never reward players who do good for the community

      Delete
    3. You're right, I forgot they only reward scammers and "famous" Jammers.

      Delete
  2. Well thanks ajhq for setting my account to bubble chat ofr today >:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best day of AJ will be the day when all the Rare, Beta, and Special items in the game come out in stores <3

    Although, we can only dream of that day, for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when the orange blanket was a thing :P


    pizza was a jerk :<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And his brother was the most annoying guy ever

      Delete
    2. Oh, yeah. I remember aapen. I'm glad they both quit :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. yur the onli on who is car abot headreaersrrse

      Delete
  6. I finally figured out the feature I miss the most. And its REALLY stupid, but I miss it dearly, out of all removed/changed things, I have the most nostalgia for this one for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you logged in, it instantly prompted you to choose a server. And you could scroll down the server list on More Servers. I dont know why, but I hold a lot of nostalgia for that feature, and it makes me sad thinking its gone : ( I remember logging in early morning Saturday, going to more servers, and trying to spam into Aldan with its "Full" sign.

      Delete
    2. It still exist, it just doesn't automatically come up when you log in

      I miss when there was only one of each server. Now there are like 12 different aldans

      Delete
    3. I know its stupid to miss, but I really miss it.

      Delete
    4. Nono, I liked logging in, and it automatically promping you for some reason lol
      I know it still exists silly MayMay

      Delete
  7. Mel there's a glitches turquoise necklace?!!!!!!!!!??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i want to see so you know who has one :(((

      Delete
    2. I don't know if the person who has it wants it "known" that they have it

      It does exist though

      Delete
    3. oh ok
      can we have another marriage or did u find some1

      Delete
    4. yeah or nah melt)!)!?!!?
      !!!!!!

      Delete

    5. can I be a moth please please please

      Delete
    6. Mel I can change my ways and become moth folk plz consider

      Delete
  8. I actually got a beta hood in the forgotten desert
    wanna hear what happened to it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you sure it wasn't a fake one?

      Delete
    2. It was a real one, it was turquoise with a green eye thing. IT WAS BETA! I swear because I looked up "beta arctic hood" and it was the same as mine! Like, nobody believes me :( I traded it away along with a porch swing for a silver spiked collar
      The person's username is zeebirdy with some numbers so go ask them for proof

      Delete
  9. You got some berry berry good points there mello:) Though if AJ gave all the news crew and winners items a bunch of people would be begging AJ to win and to get items

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never see people begging for the news crew plaque or nametag badge, but I guess that's different

      Delete
  10. can u secret tell me where this necklace of turquoise is

    ReplyDelete
  11. mel donot ignore me I know ur on now i request marriage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel pleas I can be moth for you I pay for wedding please

      Delete
    2. i will go to u as moth soon be prepared for wedding

      Delete
    3. Ok
      I am a dark grey moth with small hairs and semi transparent wings with grey lines
      ok

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    5. nono
      I look like this
      https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3e/Moth_September_2008-3.jpg&imgrefurl=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moth&h=2411&w=3204&tbnid=DFwGbnFBsh7IbM:&docid=AX-k6IDXmWu9KM&hl=en&ei=0G7OVqHWGI6QjwPos4vQBg&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0ahUKEwih_o3T9pHLAhUOyGMKHejZAmoQMwhfKAAwAA

      Delete
    6. yes she is a moth silly dear >:(

      Delete
    7. yay I finally guessed correctly
      do I get a prize

      Delete
    8. also, I'm a very large moth
      https://www.google.com/search?q=ho+oh&client=safari&hl=en&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwin-fDI-JHLAhXBFx4KHS5FCLMQ_AUICCgB&biw=320&bih=372#imgrc=o_y0PmWLhE33BM%3A

      Delete
  12. Mel I don't know what to do... I forgot to tell my parents to not renew my membership before it got renewed today but it got renewed :( I want to cancel it but then my parents would of wasted their money... is there a way to get a refund or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there is a way to get a refund. You'll have to email AJHQ but you might not get a real response

      Delete
    2. What should I do then? I don't want to waste my parents money on something I don't use anymore...

      Delete
    3. If it already renewed, there's nothing you really can do as far as I know. I still think you should try contacting AJ about it

      Delete
  13. It's midnight where you live
    Lol IM CHILLING BATCH
    of cookies
    Its not even late where I am
    There's a gas leak somewhere and I'm scared like 2/10

    ReplyDelete
  14. I meant gas leak in my city but it's 6400 acres so no worries here

    ReplyDelete
  15. mel u there i have to wake up at 5 am and it's 11 pm for me you're probably not here because it's 2 am for youuu

    ReplyDelete
  16. is u on i wanna adventure no one else will go with me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not really on idk why im stil up lol

      Delete
    2. oh okie

      damn i need to ignore homework and play AJ so i can be on earlier

      Delete
    3. OMG u let him sware! i am like, going to repurt u now hAhA h0w daere u taint my mind with such awful words that I've never herd b4!1!1!!!1!!1

      Delete
    4. ignoring homework is probably not a smart plan

      Delete
    5. yo does this mean I can swear on this blog now

      Delete
    6. r u descriminatingnating against cats

      Delete
    7. Hey I ignored my science study and only got a B so hmm maybe I should rethink?

      Lol no

      Delete
  17. Another game i play chicken smoothie has something to make sure no pets get super rare (excluding store pets) by making it so you get 3 random rares/very rares/omg so rares or even an unreleased pet. I personally think Animal Jam could do something like that. Then there would be more of those rares in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know a lot of Pokemon players read this blog, so I'm going to start a Pokemon Sun and Moon thread HERE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. speaking of pokemon, i might do a mew code giveaway lol

      Delete
    2. what is pokemon sun and moon

      Delete
    3. some unconfirmed rumor about new pokemon games

      Delete
    4. there's a pokemon direct tomorrow so we'll see tomorrow if it's fake or not

      Delete
    5. i'd be happy with any new pokemon game really

      Delete
    6. same

      people think it's going to be a gen 7 game because of that new robotic diancie knockoff thing but i think it's a little too early for that

      Delete
    7. i'm convinced that diancie and robo-diancie are related and it isn't a knockoff

      Delete
    8. i liked its japanese name better

      magiana > magearna

      Delete
    9. it's definitely gonna be steel/fairy

      Delete
    10. prediction: someone tried to make a robotic diance

      Delete
    11. hope: plot twist turns out that it's the main villain of the movie

      Delete
    12. like mechagodzilla or something

      Delete
    13. do you have any use for a mew code

      Delete
    14. not really, haven't played pokemon in a while

      Delete
    15. same
      i don't even know where m games are but i have an extra code

      Delete
    16. Serebii reported on it so I'd say it's pretty much confirmed

      Delete
    17. lol you kidlits r s0 stupid thuse rnt the newe gamzes u scrubz thiesees r
      https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5rFZAWIIAAP52G.jpg

      Delete
    18. but it's in bolded letters
      [img]http://i.imgur.com/mpqgtZq.png[/img]

      Delete
  19. Hello i am an hacker and i will hack you.

    Jk but heres a poem about moths.

    A moth at night
    Eating cloth near the porch light
    He is filled with delight
    At the shine of the bright
    Then he hides away
    At the crack of day

    ReplyDelete
  20. There's another item in Epic Wonders

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ok I am so good at pokemon (lies) like i have one shiny and it is from fishing :( I can't keep up with events because I'm lazy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have about six shinies, one of them being a legitimate HGSS Zapdos. You want one? I'll give you a list of the ones I'm willing to give away

      Delete
  22. I agree.
    Also I have Po Pi Po by Hatsune Miku stuck in my head >n<

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi it's Jana and my mom was coming up the steps and I had to shut down AJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 5 bucks irl what should I do with it

      Delete
    2. Where cannot you get it? Not at target or walmart

      Delete
    3. Maybe I'll just buy a pack of minty gum instead...

      Delete
    4. idk, cold snappy is a much better deal
      gum only lasts until it becomes more gross than usual and then it ends up under tables at fast food restaurants, cold snappy lasts forever

      Delete
    5. you can't get a quality mothling for 5 money

      Delete
    6. Hmmmmm maybe I'll buy AJHQ!! Then I'll delete all of spice dollars!!

      Delete
    7. How about a gift for Marissa my heart is still broken btw

      Delete
    8. Shrinking Violet is pretty good too

      Delete
    9. How about any ideas for real items I can get with monies

      Delete
  24. Replies
    1. Probably nothing since they were sold at the new years party

      Delete
  25. Wanna think of some Pokemon concepts for Gen 7?

    Kevolt: A Fire/Fairy type based off of the Nuckelavees of Norse mythology. Evolves into Nickelavee when leveled up with high friendship. Physical attacker. Known as the Sickening Pokemon as Kevolt, known as the Demon Pokemon as Nickelavee

    Pokédex Entry: It is said to take on another form, but said form has never been seen. The noxious fumes that it emits can paralyze even the bravest of fighters.

    Wherever it stands, the toxic gasses it emits kill all plant life near it. Every night, it suddenly vanishes, only to come back the next day. Its only true weakness is the power of the sea.

    Ability is Earth Stance, boosting resistance to Ground and Rock moves, Hidden Ability being White Smoke.
    -------------------

    Wavery: A Water/Flying type based on Bobtail Squids that evolves into Kravami, a Dark/Water type based on the Kraken, at Level 34. Mixed attacker with high HP. Known as the Flying Squid Pokemon as Wavery, as the Destruction Pokemon as Kravami.

    Pokédex Entry: It shoots itself out of the air using jet propulsion. It occasionally flies into the faces of onlookers on boats. It has a friendly but serious nature.

    It feeds off of shipwrecks at the bottom of the sea. Boats always steer clear of its habitat because it is known to latch onto ships and consume them with passengers still inside.

    Abilities are Suction Cups or Gluttony. Hidden Ability is Adaptability.
    -------------

    Taebee: A Ground type that evolves into Teebahn if male and Taeru if Female at Level 39. Teebahn evolves into Teebehst, a Ground/Dark type at Level 50, and Taeru evolves into Taeribelle, a Ground/Psychic type, at Level 50. The Teebahn line are physical attacks and the Taeru line are Special Attackers. Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon. Based off of the concept of memories and corruption. Known as the Orphan Pokemon as Taebee, Joyful Pokemon as Taeru and Teebahn, and the Memory Pokemon as Taeribelle and Teebehst.

    Pokédex Entry: Taebee were assumed to be loners for most of their early life, but recent evidence shows they are abandoned at birth by their parents and are occasionally attacked by other Taebee out of fear.

    Taeru are very social and curious Pokemon, often climbing onto human property. However, they are unable to comprehend and fully understand their powers, and can unwillingly hypnotize and read the minds of anyone who approaches them.

    Although having no bad intentions and simply wanted to have fun and explore the world around them, Teebahn are infamous for the massive earthquakes they create out of boredom, and are subsequently rounded up and eradicated in many parts of the world.

    All Taeribelle have become corrupted by their tragic pasts to the point where attack and even kill anything that resists it. Their mystical powers so strong that they can take control over humans and manipulate their memories.

    The intense aura that Teebehst emits can destroy the human mind; first by destroying all memories, second by absorbing all brainpower, and third by slowly disintegrating the brain until it stops functioning altogether.

    Abilities for Taebee are Run Away and its Hidden Ability is Anticipation. Taeru and Taeribelle's abilities are Adaptability and Magic Guard, and their Hidden Ability is Endurance, a version is Solid Rock. Teebahn and Teebehst's Abilities are Adaptability and Magic Bounce, and their Hidden Ability is Endurance.
    ---------------
    Wow, that sure took a while. Feel free to share your own ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mel pokemon sun and moon confirmed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. MY NET JUST DROPPED OUT I'm sorry I'll be on again soon brb

    ReplyDelete

Be prepared for sassy and sarcastic replies : )
If you're posting a link, please don't use link shorteners