TEST6

Behind the scenes of Julian2 videos and one of the #1 places AJ wiki gets its pictures from

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Rant - 4 Player Gates

If you've played any of the seasonal adventures, you've probably noticed there are always some gates or doors that only open up if you have 2 or 4 people dancing/hopping. That's what this rant thing is about

They technically started doing these in The Forgotten Desert with the purple gems. I could complain about those too but I won't so I might as well. I'll keep it short
THE PURPLE GEMS IN FORGOTTEN DESERT IS NEAR IMPOSSIBLE AND A HUGE WASTE OF TIME I ONLY MANAGED TO DO IT ONCE AND I GOT A BUYABLE ok done

The thing about Eagle Quest is, the four player gates aren't required. I guess they technically are if you want to get all 5 chests but I'm honestly not sure if that's legitimately possible. If you don't count that, these 4 person gates started in Bitter Sweets

Bitter Sweets was somewhat similar to Eagle Quest so I won't complain about it too much. I think it works here just fine. Bitter Sweets is only for 4 players so it inspires everyone to work as a team to get all the candies and this getting all the prizes. It was a fun idea at first. Sure it was still very annoying the first time, but it was acceptable

Then Twists and Turns came out. It was the first adventure that allowed more than 4 players to join. I don't remember much of that adventure since I haven't played it in over a year but I don't remember there being any 4 person gates. This made it so it's possible to get all the prizes in this adventure alone without any help from other players, like all the other adventures (excluding eagle quest and bitter sweets, that is)
That's something I really liked about Twists and Turns. But then Jamaaliday Rescue happened. I really liked Jamaaliday Rescue too, but it was really annoying because there were 3 or 4 gates that required 4 players to dance on! And the worst part is, these gates are required to be opened if you want to get all the prizes
(Of course it wasn't so bad the first year because there was a walk through walls glitch)

What makes this worse than the Butter Sweets gates is the fact that people can join at any time. In Bitter Sweets there are only 4 players max and no one can join halfway through. That means if you didn't get the 4 person gates in that adventure, no one did. That made everyone want to work as a team and unlock it... or something cheesy like that. But in Jamaaliday Rescue, this wasn't the case. People can join in at any time. When you join a Jamaaliday Rescue lobby, there's a chance that everyone else there has already unlocked the 4 person gates for themselves. This means they probably aren't going to want to help you with them. That leads to you having to sit there for 10 minutes waiting for someone to help you. But you need THREE other people! So you could end up waiting a half hour before you can open this gate! My computer hates me and my browsers seem to crash randomly so during that 30 minutes I could end up crashing and losing ALL my progress! Sometimes challenge can be fun - but challenge doesn't equal frustration. And all this is is frustration! Seriously, it brings nothing to the gameplay. All this does it makes it a pain to play this adventure
 
Luckily, Special Delivery changed this. Unless I'm completely wrong, there was only one 4 player gate in this adventure, and it was not required for getting all the prizes. All there was behind this gate was a mystery chest - and you just fly over it with an eagle or owl

Lucky Clovers brought back the bad but kept the good. There are 4 different gates that all require 4 players to dance, and they are all required if you want to get all prizes. But, you can still bypass that with an eagle or owl. Yes, it's unfair for nonmembers but I can see why they made it like that. It can make nonmembers want to buy membership just so they can get an eagle or owl to complete the adventure faster. Sure only like 3 people are going to do that, but still

And then Spring Festival came along. Eagle are still able to bypass MOST gates, but there is one that even eagles can't fly over - the flower thing

But why? What's the point of giving flying animals special abilities if you can't even use them? I just don't get it. These four player gates only add frustration to the game. I don't know much about game design but I'm pretty sure frustrating your players is not the way to go about it! It's no fun waiting a half hour for people to dance with you only to get disappointed that no one will help. Without these things, you can't win all the prizes. You could open 3 other tabs and bring storages here to help you but that makes everything extremely laggy, at least for me

I hope the next seasonal has none of these stupid gates >:(

17 comments:

  1. Hey Mel I made my plushie blog! Can you check it out? I only have one post so far, but here's the URL: http://cheesethewolf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute !!!!!

      Reminds me I need to start breadstick sequel

      Delete
    2. Thank you!
      And yes you need to make breadstick sequel

      Delete
  2. i think flying animals are op... they just fly over everything while everyone else is left behind

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you need me to do anything? or nao

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad my friend royalgirl36585 got hacked :( she had a pirate sword even she says she wants to quit but I gave her some stuff I'm trying to help her reset her password but that's a whole different story

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Last Crocodile WARNING: IF YOU ARE UNDER 8 YOU SHOULD NOT READ THIS IT INCLUDES VIOLENCE
    By:Dew Drop Reptile

    It was a terrible day in jamaa. The phantoms won the war.. my family was trapped and sent to the dungeon I was the last crocodile (that I knew of). I ran away far away to the ruins of The Temple Of Zios.I saw a truck with the poor hopeless animals in it, the alphas were banished to the hive which got remodeled and had more security King Daarkness laughed so did his master Shadows, Mira's brother.Suddenly out of no where a phantom attacked. He poked me with some sort of dark spear. It corrupted my tail and my tail turned to ashes , I ran knowing this is a danger. I saw a broken down armor store I went in and got a tail armour.I knew I had to save Jamaa.I found shelter in a half of a castle den. I scavenged for food, the lakes were polluted and jamaa was guarded at every corner by phantoms.and every 5 hours the phantom king went by to see any rebels. I have found a group of jammers one a monkey, the other a panda, and the other a wolf. We together formed the fellowship of Jamaa.A week later, we got out of hiding and started to devise a plan to defeat the phantoms. We snuck past the guards dressed in all black. then one noticed we were animals and said"Nach ihnen!" I thought about that and said"I never knew phantoms speak german!". the other guard said"snel ze krijgen voordat ze weg te krijgen!" We got captured to the dungeon with the alphas.I asked my dad, Cornelius "why do phantoms speak german and dutch and other languages?" he replied "ah, phantoms have a complex language of many languages combined but their writing looks different. I said' oooh" while I was talking I noticed one phantom dropped a key phantoms cant hear well because they aren't adapted to hearing things.Graham noticed it too and started working on a invention he asked me for 3 supplies Mech Angel wings a claw from the claw machine and a handle from a shield. I gave him them and he put the machine through the bars of the cell and got the keys! I opened the door and we escaped.the guards were on break so the phantom monster was guarding. we walked past him then he said " who goes there!" He turned over and roared the alphas started to hold him off while graham and I build a weapon. We built the phantom destroyer vine. The alphas and the fellowship of jamaa held it and striked it in the phantom monster's(who's name is demise) mouth. he blew up and all the phantoms disappeared to their land.But most animals disappeared too and scattered in spirit stones across the land. A year later Jamaa was rebuilt.Animals came back the alphas found the spirit stones of most of the animals .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So most animal vanished because you killed the phantom monster. Reposting you for bulldog

      Delete
    2. im not born yet can i pls read

      Delete
  6. On Animaljamvideos1234's channel, there is a video of a QandA With Clark Staceh and i freaked out becoz FINALLY A NEW ADVENTURE THAT AINT SEASONAL IN 2016. I mean common, we have been waiting since 2014 for the next PROPER adventure

    ReplyDelete

Be prepared for sassy and sarcastic replies : )
If you're posting a link, please don't use link shorteners