TEST6

Behind the scenes of Julian2 videos and one of the #1 places AJ wiki gets its pictures from

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Rare Mondays Rant

Just like most of my rants, I talked about a lot of this stuff in other posts and want a place to put all my thoughts together

But first, a bit of history which explains why Rare Mondays is the way it is now
So, Rare Mondays. AJ announced the first Rare Mondays in February 2012's first Jamaa Journal and the first Rare Mondays happened on February 6th

The first items for Rare Mondays were Gloves, items which were once the most popular items in the game, so it made sense for them to start things off with gloves. Rare Mondays used to be about re-eleasing older rare items for one day only. The first three monday items were Gloves, Medusa Masks, and Fox Hats, all which were pretty uncommon items at the time. If they kept this up, it wouldn't make it so hard to get your dream item (not that trading was very hard in 2011/2012)
It would also make it so no item would get "too rare" like some are now (Beta Eye, Beta Elf, etc)
Then for the 4th rare monday, AJ mixed it up and created a new item for the rare - Lionfish Fin Armor. When this came out, a lot of people were very unhappy with it. Hardly anyone even knew it was the rare for that week! They had to announce it on the Daily Explorer I think
Since everyone was unhappy, they decided it would be a good idea to go back to rereleasing existing rare items. For the 5th, they rereleased Scary Cat Hats. And for the 6th, they rereleased Viking Hats. Before this, some colors of viking hats were ~3 of a kind so they were very very rare. They haven't been sold since beta before this!
People were so angry that their "precious rares" were no longer incredibly valuable. A lot of people quit because of that. Honestly that's one of the worst reasons to quit, but whatever lol
I should also mention that the first 6 rares monday items followed a pattern - the first was a nonmember item, the next was member, then nonmember again and so on. That's the other thing that changed after the viking hats attacked Viking Hats came back. For the 7th rare mondays, AJ had a new idea. They combines both of their ideas of rereleasing old items and making new ones - they started releasing old items but in only one (new) color. For the 7th we got Rare Gazelle Horns, which used the same model as regular Gazelle Horns but were yellow and brown. They actually got this idea from the Leap Year Party (2012)
I really liked seeing our old items become available in fancy new colors. It was so familiar, yet so new! They kept doing this for a while. Somewhere down the line they changed it back to the old pattern of having an nm item, then a member item, which was good. Then, for the 20th rare, they brought back another super rare item - Freedom Masks. Before this, they were around 4 or 5 of a kind I think. For the next two they brought Freedom Capes. which weren't very rare, and Freedom Bands, which were way up there on the rare spectrum with Freedom Masks. I believe this was the last time an actual rare item was brought back. People kept getting mad that these items were losing value. They started the new colors of existing items thing again. The sad part is, they started making fewer and fewer nonmember rares
Eventually, they created a new item for Rare Mondays again. It was the Rare Cupcake Hat

This will become relevant later

So now you get the basic idea of Rare Monday's history... hopefully. I forgot to mention that in the past, they'd mix it up a lot and change the shop that the item was available in. Sometimes it was sold in Mt. Shiveer, sometimes it was sold in Jam Mart Clothing, ect

But now, almost every rare is sold in Jam Mart Clothing. The chance of us getting another rare monday item that's for nonmembers is very slim these days. It seems like we only get one every 2 months or so! This means, more times than not, nonmembers won't get to have each week's rare. As far as I remember, the last actually new item we got for Rare Mondays was that sleigh from Jamaalidays 2014 but I could be wrong. The way it is now, we only get member items that are recolors of old items. Half the time they're very ugly, are recolors of items no one wears/cares about, and sometimes they look completely unchanged! The recolors thing was cool at first, but it's been so overdone since then. For a while they made every rare have the same color scheme ! They've been better about that now, but it shows how lazy they were getting with Rare Mondays. I think what they should do instead of making a green version of an item no one's even heard of, they should do what they used to do and make a completely new item for Rare Mondays. Maybe not every week, but waaaaay more than once every 2 years lol
We get a new clothing item in Jam Mart Clothing fairly often. Why not take one of those items and slap a rare tag on it instead of releasing it as a normal item?
I used to really look forward to Rare Mondays, but now it goes basically the same way every week
"omg i wonder what rare item will be! i hope it's a black and orange fox hat!"
"oh, it's a green and orange Pizza Prep Station Hat. What even is a Pizza Prep Station Hat????"
To keep rare mondays interesting, they need to start MAKING it interesting! But the terribleness of rare monday items aren't what I dislike most about Rare Mondays. My least favorite thing about this is...
None of these items are even rare!
I know they're supposed to be rare version of existing items, but almost all of them are available in adventures! In other words, they're all still available to get without trading, right now. Like 99% of the possible prizes in the Epic Chest in Lucky Clovers are items from Rare Mondays. Everything I got from the gifts on the Daily Spin were Rare Monday Items. Most of the stuff I get from playing eagle quest is complete junk that's still for sale, but occasionally I get Rare Monday Items. Some of the stuff in Return of the Phantoms are Rare Monday Items. Most of the junk in my inventory are Rare Monday items. My grandma's AJ account is filled with Rare Monday items, and she doesn't even have an account! You see where I'm going with this? "Rare" Monday items are everywhere~!
You could say the same thing about spiked collars, but at least those don't become available in stores every week and are only in 2 adventures, as opposed to the monday items which are in every single adventure except Bitter Sweets, Twists and Turns, and Training Grounds. What's the point of buying these overpriced and poorly recolored items every week if I'm just going to get one as a prize in an adventure the next day?? But the sad part is, I still buy them anyway, despite all these things! It's because I have hope that one day these items won't be more common than anything for sale. All I'm really doing is clogging up my inventory and wasting my gems that could be spent on special items like those Pi Day items. Oh wait...

EDIT: I forgot to bring up the cupcake hats again. Rare Cupcake Hats have been released as rare monday items at least 3 times! If they're going to rerelease a rare monday item, they should at least change it a little bit!

62 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you've just said. The eagle quest was the stupidest idea of the century and AJ is stupid now because of it. And the purple and green is so GROSS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you know what else sucks? The fact that AJ won't listen to anyone who's not super famous, and I doubt they actually have any good ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would anyone want an ugly colour scheme of an item that's not even rare. They should do fox hats and headdresses maybe, or bring back the old ones

    ReplyDelete
  4. First?
    Anyway,I agree, and I don't bother buying any of this garbage any more. I know! Let's start a riot!!!!1!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I get older I want to work for AJ to make this game better

      Wow that sounds kinda sad when you think about it oops nvm

      Delete
  5. The rare ribbon scarf came out last month It was the last nonmember rare that I can remember

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the last one was that rare jester hat, which also happens to be one of my favorite rares from rare monday

      Delete
  6. HEY! I JUST HAD A GREAT IDEA! AJHQ SHOULD MAKE LONG SPICED GARBAJE COLLARS THE RIM! 99.9999999999999999999999999999999 PERCENT OF THE GAME WILL QUIT, AND THE .000000000000000000000000001 PERCENT THAT IS US WILL BE HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. people: OMG BRING BAK BHETAS AND RARZ ERMEHGERSH
    people: OMG AJ BRUGHT BAK BHETAS AND RARZ ERMEHGERSH IM QUITTING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, some of it isn't AJHQ's fault, they just don't want us to get mad and quit because something came back. But then again, almost everything came back in the form of eagle quest yet so one seems to care

      Delete
  8. Meloota you should make a post on bringing back headresses to the stores so Jooleantoo makes a video on it and ajhq goes with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lazy Ruddles At SchoolMarch 17, 2016 at 7:56 AM

      Then still make it and hope another famoose person makes a vid on it!!

      Delete
  9. I miss the feeling of buying rare item Monday's then feeling rare

    ReplyDelete
  10. cupcake hats came out the day before my birthday

    ReplyDelete
  11. DO YOU WANT IT TO SAY AJQUEST A BLOG BY MELOETTA385 OR JUST AJQUEST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JUST AJQUEST
      MAYBE PUT "AN ANIMAL JAM CHALLENGE" IN SMALL LETTERS

      Delete
    2. I had to redo it 3 times because it kept on crashing D: okay sure

      Delete
    3. It;s crashing again nooooo
      but I'll try

      Delete
    4. do you want it written
      AJQUEST
      Ajquest
      AJQuest
      ajquest

      Delete
    5. Finished go check it out and tell me wht I need to fix??

      Delete
    6. I'd like the text a lot bigger
      Keep in mind I will have to shrink it down so it can fit on the sidebar

      Delete
    7. Okay! What size do you want (eg 200) and which one

      Delete
    8. Like pixel size? My sidebar is 270 so I'd like a 210 or 220

      I'm not sure which one, I'll let you decide

      Delete
    9. Do you want me to remove the spiked wristbands on the sides or not?

      Delete
    10. I did 217 right in the middle
      not really XD

      Delete
    11. actually I like the second one better
      You can leave them there

      Delete
    12. They'll have to either be smaller or either the text or the wristbands will be overlapping
      Is that okay? If so, do you have a preference?

      Delete
    13. oh, hmm
      I guess you should remove them then

      Delete
    14. Okay maybe I'll just post one with one without

      Delete
    15. What size do you want the words "an animal jam challenge?"

      Delete
    16. I'm not sure, maybe half the size as AJQuest or a third of the size

      If it's unreadable it might be better to just remove those words

      Delete
    17. It's overlapping the rhino, I'll post all of them shortly

      Delete
    18. Okay I posted them, if there are any other variations my wish is your command

      Delete
    19. Can you change the "an animal jam challange" to red maybe?

      Delete
    20. as in neon red or salmon
      Im picky lol

      Delete
    21. If the text was like the colors on this unreleased color of lionfish armor I think it would be nice

      [img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aeEC-vIXpPM/T0vfng_gwTI/AAAAAAAAF4M/eg51pYnj4pw/s1600/lion_fish_armor.jpg[/img]

      Delete
    22. And maybe maybe the AJQUest color a little darker so it's more readable

      Delete
    23. OKay, I think the red should be salmon now lol
      and I still want AJQuest color a little darker
      sorry for asking for so much

      Delete
    24. Okay lol I didn't see your comments lol

      Delete
    25. what color do you want ajquest

      Delete
    26. Something darker, I don't know what

      Delete
    27. I have to vanish for a while sorry

      Delete
  12. wanna play some lucki clavers ive memorized the whole map

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. smelloetta im guessing youre not on because you didnt approve my comment ):(

      Delete

Be prepared for sassy and sarcastic replies : )
If you're posting a link, please don't use link shorteners