TEST6

Behind the scenes of Julian2 videos and one of the #1 places AJ wiki gets its pictures from

Sunday, March 27, 2016

The Old AJ Egg Hunts

Similar to how every year for Halloween there is a special prize for getting to level 5 of the candy gave in the Phantom Vortex, there used to be an AJ tradition in April. You have to go around Jamaa and find not-very-well-hidden eggs. If you found them all, you got a prize! AJ's first April was in 2011 and that's when the first egg hunt was

Unfortunately I don't have pictures from the first AJ egg hunt but i have pictures of the second. You could probably find 2011 egg hunt pictures somewhere on the internet. If they're on the wiki they are probably stolen from someone else's site lol

The egg hunt was very different from the Spring Festival adventure. For one thing, it wasn't more frustrating than trying to get a half decent trade in Aldan. Instead, it was rather simple

There was one egg "hidden" in every land

These were the egg locations in 2012

Jamaa Township

Appondale

Mt. Shiveer

Crystal Sands

Lost Temple of Zios

Sarepia Forest

Coral Canyons

Canyons Pathway

The Canyons Pathway egg was always the one that no one could find. No one every thought to look there because most people don't even know that land exists

Clicking on an egg world bring up some randumb egg-related knowledge because, believe it or not, this game actually used to be about learning!

After you got them all, this message would pop up

The prize could only be collected once per account. They didn't advertise the egg hunt in the newspaper, at least not for the first year (if it was I don't remember it) Because AJ had such a low playerbase in 2011, and not everyone knew about the egg hunt, the first egg hunt prize became a pretty rare item. Even a month after it stopped being available, it was considered to be rare. It's still very rare to this day! 2011's prize was Basket Of Candy

Here's a high quality zoomed in version of it

I never knew the candy cane had yellow stripes on it until I zoomed in on it

Me and many other jammers used to use these in our dens quite a lot

That's probably why these items are so nostalgic for me. That, and because the item was introduced shortly after I joined AJ

The real reason I made this post was because I wanted to talk about the candy baskets lol
I wish I had stuff to trade for these but I have like nothing good >:(

But anyway, now they just do Spring Festival every year. I can see why they made that change - finding 100 eggs and getting tons of prizes is a lot more interesting than getting 7 eggs and one prize every year. However, Spring Festival is my least favorite adventure >:(
There's always like 5 eggs I miss even though I search for them systematically. It takes way too long and you don't even get anything special from it like you do in Lucky Clovers

I highly doubt they will ever do the old egg hunts again but I really miss them. The fact that you could only get one item per account made those items more special. I wish one year they'd hide 100 eggs around Jamaa in the same way that they used to. That would be fun, huh

42 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am not knowing, probably a lot

      Delete
    2. Back when I played it was worth an item from the beta days.
      -Fomar

      Delete
  2. I remember one egg hunt where you got the golden egg from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was 2014 because it was the last egg hunt I think but idk.

      Delete
    2. The Golbat Egg came out in 2014. The 2013 prize was the Nest of Eggs.

      Delete
    3. Only if AJ still did the hunt:( So many things started to change when the diamond shop came and I'm pretty sure it came the year I joined:(

      Delete
    4. Doz anyone have eggs on pedestals. Like the blue and brown ones? I will trade a spicdd wristband for a few lollol

      Delete
  3. HQ left a comment on the daily explorer on the 25th.
    "Elf Tails may come back, but headdresses have been discontinued, sorry! (LW)"

    Don't know why I thought this was important, but do whatever you want with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want the other colours of elf tail to return too. Trying to get a flipping purple 'beta' tail is IMPOSSIBLE

      Delete
  4. I'll try getting one for you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nn that's okay I do have a few, just don't know where they are

      Delete
  5. JELLOSMETTA I HAVE ONE

    I'LL GIVE IT TO YOU FOR FREE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come to my den and I'll host an Easter party whenever you're on

      Oh and you'll also get the candies

      Delete
  6. Mel get on jam I'm alone please

    ReplyDelete
  7. i had one and i traded it for an rc car.. i regret it - spirit

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHY DOES AJ COMBINE EGGS AND EASTER? WHY NOT BIRDS + EASTER??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember these egg hunts, they were fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Easter May I'm at my grandpas house

    ReplyDelete
  11. MANY OTHER JAMMERS AND I
    And can you watch my video and rate it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eASgTiGiZ10

    ReplyDelete
  12. please be honest on rating the video and what it needs to improve

    ReplyDelete
  13. May...... Do you want me to stop commenting? I honestly won't be offended if you say yes, answer this on sekrit blawg please.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't even trade in Aldan anymore it's so stupid now smh

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found 99 eggs while doing AjQuest (I use the account Jumpingjackalope if you want to do an adventure sometime?) and I gave up after looking for the last one for an hour .-.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same thing it's so haaaarrrddddd

      Delete
  16. OH OH OH!!! I think I know why they stopped!!!! Cause last year the spring festival came out and you have to find eggs in that

    ReplyDelete
  17. That sounded fun and I got a candy basket from forgotten Desert

    ReplyDelete
  18. What, they don't do those anymore? Sheesh, I really need to catch up on things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You aren't the only way one Kinyonga.

      -Fomar

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. oh hi I saw you on my blog
      fyi the ecoins glitch is actually a glitch. It costs 0 ecoins, so you're able to get it for free, and non members can get it.

      Delete
  20. So, you know how annoying Julian2/Aparri/other pplZ are?
    I was on utoob and discovered a 'new famous jammer' (you may know who i mean)
    Half their videos are copies of julian2s videos which were copies anyway. And the other half are copies of Apart i's videos. Worse still, they make nice thumbnails with terrible videos. There is about 1% editing done, WORSE STILL, they mostly make videos about how BAD aj is. They freaking STOLE Snowyclaw's video and gave NO credit EVEN THOUGH she said ANYONE who uses it MUST give credit. And yet the comments are FILLED aith "omg soandso u has SUCH FLIPPING original videoz!" And prepare- i looked in the comments of the stolen snowyclaw video and chorus was saying that he stole from snowyclaw then lilacpetal was being all rude at chorus.

    Now i understand that this gui has a life, but bad videos+stolen videos+lilacpetal being rude shouldnt equal 2000+ subs.

    That guy makes Aparri seem like sacred god of the chickens.

    ReplyDelete

Be prepared for sassy and sarcastic replies : )
If you're posting a link, please don't use link shorteners